Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2003 8:20:40 AM EDT
A friend let me try a bunch (11) of his handguns the other day.  He had a Sig that felt soooo nice in my hand...but the single stack magazine was almost impossible to load!  I mean, I reeaaalllyy had to work to push rounds down in there.  He agreed it was hard to work with but pointed out that it was fairly new and would get easier with time.  I think it was a Sig 232?  That probably would've been my favorite gun, if it wasn't for the mag from hell.
Are they all this way or was his a freak of manufacturing?
J
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 9:54:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Leave the mags loaded for a week or two. the spring will loosen up.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 10:32:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Sigs single stack mags are always hard to load, the P220 mags being the hardest..

Link Posted: 8/21/2003 1:46:11 PM EDT
[#3]
The solution is a mag loader. I use the ones from HKS.

Single stack mags sre generally harder to load than double stack mags, and the smaller and slimmer the cartridge the harder it can be to get them little suckers in there. The springs do losen up with use and then it gets easier until they eventually wear out.

Just remember, we feel (or more likely have felt ), your pain.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 5:03:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I own several Sig's. For the hardest to load mag? My vote go's to the P-245 it will hold 6 rds. of 45's in the mag. if you can get them in.The mag. loader is the only way. Ruger makes an all steel loader that works great. The single stack are usually the hardest.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 7:12:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I find most pistol caliber mags hard to load.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 9:59:39 AM EDT
[#6]
They will loosen up. I have several SIGS, and after a few range sessions, the mags are no problem to load.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 6:51:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a 226 in .40. Could not get the 10th round in period. The follower is longer in the civilian mags so you can't get more in(I think it was 12 or 13.) But I must have gotten some weird followers because they were too long. You physically could not get the 10th round in unless you ground off part of the follower and I wasn't going to mess with any legal issues that might come out of that.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 7:03:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Can't be any worse than loading round 10 into a single stack 10 round Glock magazine.  I normally just use them as 9 rounders at the range.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 6:36:54 AM EDT
[#9]
My Sig 232 wasn`t a problem to load. Now for some reason my 10rd BHP mags are a little stiff when you go to load the 10th round.

Try loading a MAC11 9mm 30rd mag, without the loader. Best I could do was 25. Guess all them years of Nintendo paid off.
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 6:22:47 AM EDT
[#10]
223spree,
I find the M11 9mm a piece of cake to load. Now, if your looking for a real nail buster- try the Tec-9/KG99 50rd steel mag! BTW on the Tec- the mag catch has to be custom fit to your weapon!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top