Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2006 6:16:44 PM EDT
Is that true?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:44:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes it is made in Croatia. I own 2 fo them and am not really all that impressed by them. I just bought a Smith M&P  and i LOVE IT!!!  400 rounds through it and it has been flawless!! very comfy to shoot, accurate and it shot every type of round through it that i had including a bunch of odd ball reloads. My XD's are very finicky about what you feed them. for the money i think the M&P is hands down the best value out there. i paid 519.00 for mine but i am sure that will come down a bit. as soon as its out in teh .45acp i am going to buy one of those as well.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:39:43 PM EDT
[#2]
What have you put in the XD?

I've fired a varity of ammo through it. No problems. Even with no oil and too much oil.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:56:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah what ammo did you put through it?
I've fed mine everything from Reloads and Wolf to Hydrashocks
over 1000 rds easy and the ONE time there has ever been a problem
was with a reload that didn't have enough powder in it.  Other than that
one bullet there have been zero problems.  I love mine and so what if
they're from Croatia? They're great guns IMHO.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:04:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys...I could care less where they are made if it is a good gun.  I'll pick one up on Friday.

Blake
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:10:37 PM EDT
[#5]
My XD9 shoots everything 100%
And it has well over 1000 rnds thru it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:09:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yes it is made in Croatia. I own 2 fo them and am not really all that impressed by them. I just bought a Smith M&P  and i LOVE IT!!!  400 rounds through it and it has been flawless!! very comfy to shoot, accurate and it shot every type of round through it that i had including a bunch of odd ball reloads. My XD's are very finicky about what you feed them. for the money i think the M&P is hands down the best value out there. i paid 519.00 for mine but i am sure that will come down a bit. as soon as its out in teh .45acp i am going to buy one of those as well.

I'm startled to hear that. I have several thousand rounds through each of my XDs, including a couple of high volume pistol classes. I haven't had any problems feeding them any type of ammo.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:02:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Just over 1800 rds in the last 2 weeks on a 4" 45acp.  Not one failure of any kind with at least 8 or 10 different kinds of ammo.  The majority has been ball or Fed 230 Hydra Shock, but at least a couple of hundred have been odds and ends leftovers of various mfg and bullet weights and my reloads.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:23:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Good God Man!  I have a XD9 and a XD 40 sub compact and I've shoot everything in from Wolf to CCI to Cor Bon to WWB to other stuff.  No problem what so ever.  Send it back to SA and have them fix it.  These are the most reliable handguns I've ever fired.  Seriously send it back to SA they make it right!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:38:19 AM EDT
[#9]
The first two or three hundred rounds I put through my XD9 Tactical, I had two stovepipes (All using Magtech ammo).  1500 or so rounds through after that, I have had one jam, when I fired the last round with the magazine removed.  I haven't cleaned it in well over 1k rounds, either.  One broken in, mine has been pretty nice.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:06:22 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

On further reflection, I've got to ask; If you weren't all that impressed by your first one, why he heck did you buy a second one?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:46:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

On further reflection, I've got to ask; If you weren't all that impressed by your first one, why he heck did you buy a second one?

No doubt....Prolly trying to justify the SW purchase.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:49:39 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good God Man!  I have a XD9 and a XD 40 sub compact and I've shoot everything in from Wolf to CCI to Cor Bon to WWB to other stuff.  No problem what so ever.  Send it back to SA and have them fix it.  These are the most reliable handguns I've ever fired.  Seriously send it back to SA they make it right!

I just got my 3rd XD yesterday. The new 45ACP XD. I already had a 9 and a 40. Both 4" service models. They will eat anything I feed them and never make a fuss. From some really questionable hand loads all the way up to Winchester & Speer LE ammo. Regular, +P, +P+, etc... It doesn't matter.
Send your's back to Springfield and have them repair it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:53:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

But the XD's don't have a mag disconnect!!!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:58:49 AM EDT
[#14]
My XD wont shoot WWB at all.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:18:39 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

'Won't shoot' how? Feed problems? Extraction problems? Stovepipes?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:31:45 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Then there is something wrong with your gun and needs to be fixed.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:18:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Wow! I have had an XD9, XD40 and have a 40 now. I never had ANY problems with any of them.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:07:07 PM EDT
[#18]
ive heard of many more problems with smith n wesson than s.a.. I held the sigma and was not impressed at all. It felt real odd. I eventually narrowed it down to a taurus 24/7 or springfield xd9
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:31:08 PM EDT
[#19]
I have an XD-9 SC with 5k+ rounds through it including some handloads, FMJ, JHP, and probably 500 or so self defense rounds. I have had ZERO....and I honestly mean not even one malfunction of ANY kind. I'm picking up an XD-45 as soon as my shop gets them in.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:03:27 PM EDT
[#20]
I have over 1000rds of Wolf through my XD-40 Tactical (and WWB, Remington, and Blazer mixed in there too) without a single problem whatsoever.

I would highly recommend getting one.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:18:28 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

for target i shoot exclusivly WWB 9mm, never had a single problem.  You need to address a flaw with the gun.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:00:05 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

for target i shoot exclusivly WWB 9mm, never had a single problem.  You need to address a flaw with the gun.

I can't help but notice that neither of the shooters claiming to have problems with the XD are willing to provide any details.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:06:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Mine shoots WWB like butta. Have yet to have any hangups with my xd40 or with the 9mm conversion kit
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:28:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Just so you know

WIZZO
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:58:54 PM EDT
[#25]
10,000 plus rounds through my Original HS 2000 Gen.1 over 5 years, without a malfunction!...Nuff said...
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:16:53 AM EDT
[#26]
just got my xd40 service model a few weeks ago. i'v shot silver bear, wolf, and wwb through it without a problem.  ~400-500 rds in all.  i love it. it's comforting to hear that SA is so reliable with servicing their pistols too, sounds like if i ever have a problem, it won't last long!

matt

p.s. mine says "croatia" on it as well he
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top