Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2010 8:23:46 PM EDT
I found a Sig P220 with a heel clip mag release instead of the regular thumb style release.  Are these considered good or not?  I thought about getting it.  The finish looks good and has grips similar to my P6.
Link Posted: 2/17/2010 9:39:26 PM EDT
That's the European version of the 220.  Never fired one but since they are the old style I'm certain quality is top notch.  I would consider buying one myself if it were cheap enough, but the mags are probably pretty tough to find, and if found probably aren't very cheap.

I would buy it as something neat to have, but wouldn't carry or use a whole lot because I don't like the heel release all that much.

Link Posted: 2/18/2010 3:44:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/18/2010 3:45:29 AM EDT by silversport]
Tax Monster is right...it should be all German made (perhaps marked W. German) and may be in 9MM, .30 Luger, .38 Super, .45ACP...it will probably have one less safety (no safety intercept notch in the spur type hammer...no biggie...the front sight may be part of the slide so you can't change it and mags and grips may be harder to find...but it's still a P220, one of the best DA/SA designs out there with a reputation to always go bang when you pull the trigger...good luck with your choice...
Bill
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:17:25 AM EDT
CDNN has Sig factory 7 round magazines available for this pistol @ only $19.99 each. I own one I purchased new in the mid-80's and it's been a great pistol.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 1:22:58 AM EDT
I had a battle field recovered P220 in 9x19 with the heel release in 05-06'.  Had two mags with the gun and the gun never malfunctioned (put around 2k rds thru the gun).  It was used weekly on my range during my "Foreign Weapons Class".  When Jesse James came over in Dec 05, his security team "borrowed it".  I don't have any hang ups with heel release mags and have owned and carried numberous Walthers P1/4/38s, HK P7 PSP and the above 220.  I do not know if mags are interchangable with the P6 and P220 (assuming 9mm).  When Browning marketed the SIG 220 as the "BDA" didn't it also have the heel release? (Browning marketed it in 9/38 Super/45 ACP before SIG/Sauer joined together)

CD
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:17:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
I had a battle field recovered P220 in 9x19... <snip>

This sounds like a good OT story!

Top Top