Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:23:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Can only speak to the Sprinco one. Evaluation was done with both, liked some loads, others numerous stovepipes.

Question becomes: Why? M9/92FS is one of the softest shooting 9mm. If your worried about frame wear, buy Wolff springs and change the recoil and hammer spring every 5000 rounds instead of the recommended 8000.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:23:57 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Can only speak to the Sprinco one. Evaluation was done with both, liked some loads, others numerous stovepipes.

Question becomes: Why? M9/92FS is one of the softest shooting 9mm. If your worried about frame wear, buy Wolff springs and change the recoil and hammer spring every 5000 rounds instead of the recommended 8000.

I'm a speed shooter and I'm looking for that extra edge - no matter how small it is...

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:33:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I ran shock buffers in my 1911 for a short time.  What I found was that they tend to tear up and cause more problems then they are worth.  I don't know of any shooters that run them
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:37:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I ran shock buffers in my 1911 for a short time.  What I found was that they tend to tear up and cause more problems then they are worth.  I don't know of any shooters that run them

If John Browning had felt there was a need for a buffer he would have created one. I would hazard to guess that Beretta would say the same thing.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:40:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

What about the 2/3 of the ones I listed that use springs?

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:44:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If John Browning had felt there was a need for a buffer he would have created one. I would hazard to guess that Beretta would say the same thing.

that is what I did find out the hard way.   but you have to try but after looking at the choices the springco does look good.  the one thing I wish I could find again I had a guide rod that held the spring captive in a 1911 made takedown faster.  I think the company was called usa parts.  they had a logo that looked something like the af markings.

just avoid anything with rubber or anything like that inside of your guns
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top