Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2014 11:01:44 AM EDT
Does your Sig drop freely into the holster?  I've used a Safariland ALS holster with 3 different models- 1911, S&W M&P, and my P229.  The two non-Sigs will fall into and lock into the holster under their own weight.  Drawing them is easy as well.  My Sig does not do this- it is a very tight fit and has trouble engaging the ALS lock.

I have a P229 SAS gen 2, which does not have a rail.  I've tried both ALS holsters- the one for a railed P229 and the one for a non-railed P229.  Both were a very tight fit.

I'm wondering if I've just had back luck and gotten lemons for holsters, or if Safariland's mold for Sigs is the wrong size, or if there is something different about my handgun that makes it different than other sigs.

On the last point, my Sig is a newer model- tall slide serrations, long extractor- but is not railed.  I don't know if this affects fitment in the holster.

Any insight is appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 11:15:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Did You adjust the allen key tension on the side of the holster?
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 4:42:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I read somewhere that the new sigs have a new slide profile.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 5:28:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yes, even with it so loose it rattles the holster is still too tight.  Its definitely a design issue and not user error.

Quoted:
I read somewhere that the new sigs have a new slide profile.

Do you know when that change happened, and whether Safariland makes a different holster to accommodate that change?
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 7:10:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got an old West German 226 that is the same way. Won't just fall into the 6378 and lock like my Glocks will.

That being said, the draw is still fluid and easy and it has no problem engaging the ALS if I follow it with my thumb on the hammer/rear of the slide like Safariland says (and you should of course do to encourage positive engagement no matter).
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 6:55:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a new P226, well made in January 2013. Also have an ALS 6379 (same as 6378 but with belt clip).

Mine is molded for the X300 and my Sig wears the X300U.

Fit is perfect, just had to pop out the bottom cap for the extended length of the Ultra series light.

As a side note, I don't like the clip… way to difficult to disengage. I use the QLS system on all safariland holsters.

Hope that helps!
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 11:28:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have a new P226, well made in January 2013. Also have an ALS 6379 (same as 6378 but with belt clip).

Mine is molded for the X300 and my Sig wears the X300U.

Fit is perfect, just had to pop out the bottom cap for the extended length of the Ultra series light.

As a side note, I don't like the clip… way to difficult to disengage. I use the QLS system on all safariland holsters.

Hope that helps!
View Quote

I think yours fits differently due to the light.  I use the QLS also; I have a female QLS with the paddle attachment on it, and another on a mid-ride drop belt slide that's in my war belt.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:57:47 AM EDT
[#7]
If I take off the light it holds the firearm equally secure, really has been a great holster with and without the light!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top