Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2007 2:33:32 PM EDT
Which model/caliber are you using?  Mods?
I shoot a G21 Gen2 with Pachmayer rear sight and a Scherer 3.5 connector in a Fobus holster.  
What holster/equipment are you using?
Link Posted: 11/23/2007 2:43:00 PM EDT
[#1]

OD 3rd gen G17, 9mm

no mods except: trijicon night sights, .25cent trigger job, and a little smoothing of the front trigger safety bar

i had a couple mods on it a while back when i started, but its back to stock for the past couple yrs:

*extended slide stop and hogue now gone

(old IDPA video, been almost a yr ago...)
Link Posted: 11/23/2007 5:59:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Stock G17, houge grip, uncle mikes kydex holster and mag clips

Link Posted: 11/24/2007 6:34:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm using a G17 in SSP and ESP.  Only mods are KKM barrel and 3.5 connector.
Runs like the E-Bunny.

Safariland 560 and a Fobus mag pouch.
Link Posted: 11/24/2007 9:07:08 PM EDT
[#4]
i used a 22 and 19 with a blade tech iwb. works well. ssp class.
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 4:09:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I use a G35 w/ a Lone Wolf Barrel. G35 is stock with a 3.5 trigger with a polishing job. I dumped the factory sights and added a Dawson fiber optic front and a Heinie rear. I use a Blade Tech Sting Ray Holster and mag pouches made by a frined of mine. I am currently SSP Shaprshooter, but I have a feeling at my next classifier, I will be bumped to master.

Here is a pic:

I know, I don't have my eyes on - I was loading mags and was called up as the first shooter! I realized after the first string.
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 6:08:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Is a Caspian 34 slide legal for ESP?
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 4:38:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Stock G17, 1st gen, have used it in IDPA for 7 years.  Has the g34 goodies in it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 1:03:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Gen 3 G19 in SSP division.  I use a Galco Cop series holster and Galco double mag pouch. open top.  I have Trijicon night sites and a Glock extended slide release.  Shooting in IDPA is a great way to really test your equipment IMHO.  For instance I found that with either WWB 115 fmj or Rem. UMC 115 fmj I get one malf in about 100 rounds.  I am not happy about that.  I went to my own range and shot 400 rounds and had no problems.  Before someone says "limp wristing" I am as close to positive that I was not as I can be.  Beside while I was at my range I fired 4 full mags just barely holding onto the gun.  It almost jumped out of my hand more then once.  Zero malfs.  So much for limp wristing IMO.  Next IDPA match in Feb. I will use my carry ammo to see what happens.  If I still have a problem I think this G19 will go down the road!
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:05:59 AM EDT
[#9]
I shoot an OD G17 with a few mods in IDPA.  Extended control from the G34, with the magazine release shortened slightly and smoothed.  3.5# Lone Wolf connector, 6# trigger return spring, 4# firing pin spring, all internals polished.  DIY decal grips, just added this weekend.  Oh yeah...a grip plug.  Sights are next on my list.

I use a G-Code kydex holster and a Fobus mag pouch.  Love the holster...the mag pouch will probably be replaced before too long.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top