Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2016 10:50:16 AM EDT
I have a Sig P320 Compact with FDE frame that came with standard 3 dot sights. The sights are just too busy for me so I wanted to try something different. I ordered some Ameriglo SG-616 CAP sights and hope I am impressed by them. I have started shooting IDPA with my Sig and wanted something with quick front sight acquisition.

I contacted Ameriglo because availability is scarce and they said that the CAP sights for Sigs had been discontinued. I finally found some on Amazon sold through The Global Outdoorsman. I'm not sure why they were discontinued but seem like a pretty good sight for what I am seeking. They were made in collaboration with Dave Spaulding.

Anyways I was just curious if any of you guys were running them and how your thoughts are on them.

Ameriglo CAP
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 2:42:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I do not have them on my P320, but have been thinking about trying to find some as I have them on my G23 and absolutely love them.

IMO, it's a lot easier to line up the square with the line, than 3 dots.

I also noticed with my 3 dot sights if I pulled a shot it was typically to the left or right, with the CAP sight, if I pull a shot they are typically up or down. To me a high or low missed shot is better than a left or right missed shot. If I ever had to use the gun in a life or death situation I would much rather miss high or low and still hit my target, than pull left or right and miss the target.

Once again, this is all info on when I shot the Glock, but I assume I would have the same results if they were on any gun.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 3:13:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I do not have them on my P320, but have been thinking about trying to find some as I have them on my G23 and absolutely love them.

IMO, it's a lot easier to line up the square with the line, than 3 dots.

I also noticed with my 3 dot sights if I pulled a shot it was typically to the left or right, with the CAP sight, if I pull a shot they are typically up or down. To me a high or low missed shot is better than a left or right missed shot. If I ever had to use the gun in a life or death situation I would much rather miss high or low and still hit my target, than pull left or right and miss the target.

Once again, this is all info on when I shot the Glock, but I assume I would have the same results if they were on any gun.
View Quote

I called the vendor off of Amazon today and he said they shipped yesterday. He also said I got the last set they had. I hope you have luck finding some. Their Amazon ad for them says they still have 20 sets and I advised him of that after he told me they were now out.

The green ones can be charged by a light due to luminescent paint but the orange ones don't have that. Kinda sucks but no biggie.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 9:15:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Not a lot of traffic on this but I will update it anyways. I received the sights today and must say I really like them. I shot in the shade and with the sun in my face and had no problem picking that bright orange out. As I figured it will take a bit to get used to the sight picture but I shot today and ran a homemade IDPA course here at the house. I had no problem being accurate with them.

Saturday will be the real test as I have an IDPA match but even though these are discontinued I am glad I found some for my 320. Only complaint is the rear sight looks like they made it backwards. Doesn't affect the functionality but does look funky, as in not normal.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:58:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the Ameriglo CAP sights on three of my Glocks and have been very happy with them so far. I really like the design and for me, they are faster on target than typical 3 dot night sights. Mine are all yellow, and the rear is luminescent.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:14:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I have them on a G19 and they're gonna be replaced. For whatever reason I have a pretty difficult time being precise and consistent with them, something that's not an issue for me normally. I'll be going back to the Ameriglo Idot's with orange front sight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top