Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 9/17/2009 6:49:46 AM EST
Thinking about getting one for winter carry.Any thoughts pro or con?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:03:51 AM EST
I like the look of the Galco equivalent, which seems more intuitive... check it out.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:11:50 AM EST
Originally Posted By StealthyBlagga:
I like the look of the Galco equivalent, which seems more intuitive... check it out.

Got a link?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:33:23 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/17/2009 8:33:43 AM EST by StealthyBlagga]
Originally Posted By smokintonye:

Got a link?

Video - jump to ~2 minutes in

Galco product page

I hope you have a Glock
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:44:52 AM EST
Originally Posted By smokintonye:

Got a link?

Video - jump to ~2 minutes in

Galco product page

I hope you have a Glock

Thanks for the link. I do have a glock (19) ,but I have never been a big fan of paddle holsters,and I think that the bianchi probably holds tighter to the body.At least from what I could tell by the video.I did try on the bianchi so I know that it rides pretty tight.The Galco looks like it would ride about the same as the Serpa I tried on,and that stuck out a little more than I liked.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:47:46 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/17/2009 8:49:52 AM EST by SGB]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:39:43 AM EST
This my next purchase. If you look around you can find places that sell them in combo with a double mag pouch for $25.

RSR Defense holsters
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:40:08 PM EST
Originally Posted By SGB:
That Galco looks a whole lot like the Safariland ALS holster. <a href="http://www.safariland.com/dutygear/media/pop.asp?model=6377-carbonfiber-rls" target="_blank">http://www.safariland.com/dutygear/media/6377-carbonfiber-rls.jpg</a>

I have a Safariland 6377 ALS and while it's a good open carry holster it protruded too much for good Concealed Carry.

I have a Friend that carries a Glock 23 in the Bianchi and it conceals fairly well.

It looks like the basic mechanism is similar. I'd only consider a locking device for OC anyway... what value does it really bring for CCW ? For CCW I prefer leather anyway.
Top Top