Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2004 1:47:30 PM EDT
I was at a gunshow today and they had a crate of new czeck (sp?) CZ-52 handguns.

They were selling for $164 out the door with a holster and 2 mags.

They use the 7.62 X 25 round which, according to the ammo vendors, is not always easy to come by.

A few passersby commented that it was a good pistol.  Anyone here have any input?  I was considering going back to the show tomorrow and picking one up.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:03:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got one, ammo isn't as hard to get as, say, the ammo for the K31 rifle

The CZ-52 is a suedo 'hand cannon'.  fun to shoot and there is an increasing amount of aftermarket stuff becoming avalible for it.

the sights are not the greatest, but like I said, it's fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:05:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Good stuff.  You can pick one up from aimsurplus for around $99 if I remember right.  They'll take anything you can throw at them except for some of the super hot subgun ammo.  7.62x25 will go through any soft armor too.  

The only down sides are the commie mag release and the firing pins are brittle.  Its a single stack pistol and quite a bargain.  Make sure you buy plenty of surplus ammo (3k or more when available) its not always available but its cheap.  The winchester stuff sucks for speed.  

If you wanted to get a good commie gun thats cheap find yourself a bulgarian makarov.  The 9x18 makarov round is a little better of a manstopper and very controllable.  9mm Mak is also much easier to find.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:23:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Good stuff.  You can pick one up from aimsurplus for around $99 if I remember right.  They'll take anything you can throw at them except for some of the super hot subgun ammo.  7.62x25 will go through any soft armor too.  

The only down sides are the commie mag release and the firing pins are brittle.  Its a single stack pistol and quite a bargain.  Make sure you buy plenty of surplus ammo (3k or more when available) its not always available but its cheap.  The winchester stuff sucks for speed.  

If you wanted to get a good commie gun thats cheap find yourself a bulgarian makarov.  The 9x18 makarov round is a little better of a manstopper and very controllable.  9mm Mak is also much easier to find.

I must agree.  Get a Mak over the CZ 52.  9x18 ammo is every where. Don't get me wrong but the CZ52 is an ugly gun IMO. I own two CZ 75B's. One Black Poly9mm and one .40 in Satin Nickel.
I've owned two different Mak's and they are good guns for the money.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:32:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Another vote from a CZ75 here...Get a Mak.  Also w/the Mak you can change the barrel to a .380 for one thing.  German Mak are probably the best but they are pricy (and they are C&R's).

Go here www.makarov.com
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:43:22 PM EDT
[#5]
The CZ52 is easily converted to 9x19 with a barrel swap. Swap out the firing pin for a more durable aftermarket unit, and you will be good to go. The 7.62x25 Tokarev has an excellent trajectory, a wide variety of bullets available for handloading and due to it being a .30 cal. round, saboted .223 bullets can be handloaded in a pinch. It makes for an extremely versatile round, and saboted handloads can easily reach 2100 fps. The standard round can also penetrate Level III body armor. Maks are cool too.
Check out makarov.com/cz52/
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:59:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Do not trust or use the decocker.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:38:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Ouch, a high price for a CZ-52, but it is a great gun to shoot at an indoor range, very big flash and boom.

If don't have a pistol buy the Mak, but if you already have a suitable CCW, go with the CZ-52.
www.cheaperthandirt.com has the ammo often. Ammomman.com was out last time I looked.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:05:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:26:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I have one, also a Tokarov in the same caliber, I like it a great deal, though I never know what the hell people are complaining about a decocker......  Mine has a manual safety, no decocker.    The mag release does suck, but oh well. It also just keeps going like any Czech weapon (own CZ75, VZ52, VZ52/57, with VZ58 on th eway, all shoot great that I have fired, no failures)

The price seems about right for nowadays, they are 300-350 CDN which works out to around 160 USD with all th etariffs removed and whatnot

The ammo is pretty easy to find too, and if you look hard ehough I am sure you will still be able to find the fun steel core stuff, though new importation of it is banned by some suck ass president away back when
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 12:28:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Well today I went back to the show and bought the pistol.  It's a 1954 "edition" (NEW!) with 3 mags, new holster, cleaning rod and laynard.

I also got a Russian Mosin-Nagant M38 7.62X54 carbine.  It's a 1944 "edition" with laminated stock.  I got it with the sling, tool kit and 3 ammo pouches.

I added in 3 20rd boxes of  Czech silver tip 7.62X54 and 2 60rd boxes of Chinese 7.62X25.

Total out the door price with tax was $301.  I'm very pleased .
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:10:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I have one, also a Tokarov in the same caliber, I like it a great deal, though I never know what the hell people are complaining about a decocker......  Mine has a manual safety, no decocker.    The mag release does suck, but oh well. It also just keeps going like any Czech weapon (own CZ75, VZ52, VZ52/57, with VZ58 on th eway, all shoot great that I have fired, no failures)

The Tokarev is a better pistol in both ergos and controls but the CZ52 is a powerhoues thatll eat anything.    You cant shoot the .223 timbs in the tok.  Ive got one of each.  

Quoted:
Well today I went back to the show and bought the pistol.  It's a 1954 "edition" (NEW!) with 3 mags, new holster, cleaning rod and laynard.

I also got a Russian Mosin-Nagant M38 7.62X54 carbine.  It's a 1944 "edition" with laminated stock.  I got it with the sling, tool kit and 3 ammo pouches.

I added in 3 20rd boxes of  Czech silver tip 7.62X54 and 2 60rd boxes of Chinese 7.62X25.

Total out the door price with tax was $301.  I'm very pleased .

One of my buddies just made that same purchase.  You can expect 4-8 inch groups from the mosin and the CZ is very ammo dependant.  The chinasports ammo is pretty good but the lots have a lot of difference in them.  Some cases are good some suck ass.  One case in peticular was 36 inches down and to the left of POA at 10 feet.  Thats horrible.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top