Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2006 7:58:55 PM EDT
I have been shopping for a reasonable priced DA 380. I found one for about $150, might get it for less. The pistol is blued with wood grips and weighs about 24 oz. The pistol takes a 7 shot mag.

Has anyone one out there owned one or fired one? Anyone know anything about the Sterling DA model 400 .380 as concerning reliability/durability?

Here is a pic of the pistol I am talking about..............

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:01:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Don’t know anything about the .380’s, but I’ve heard bad things about the smaller Sterlings.  And they are long since out of business – good luck getting any parts.

If it’s just going to be a plinker it might be worthwhile.

But if you’re looking for a self-defense pistol, I’d look for something better.

FWIW, I’ve never fired one - and they are more than $150 – but I’ve heard good things about Bersa .380’s.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:06:07 AM EDT
[#2]
From what i can tell about Steriling, they look great, but have functional issues.

For that money, Id lookinto a Makarov or a Bersa. My Bersa has been 100%, and is super accurate. It also has the BEST DA trigger I have ever felt in an auto, bar none. I think I paid 180 for mine, OTD.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:07:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:22:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:07:50 PM EDT
[#5]
lol, well I had some hope for it. Makarovs are getting pretty expensive now over $200 usually on gunbroker. I guess I'll keep looking and maybe try a Makarov if I find one cheap enough or maybe a Star. Thanks for the input.................
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top