Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/9/2013 1:57:13 AM EDT
If so, how many rounds do you have through it and how has it performed?

Link Posted: 11/9/2013 1:19:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Closing in rapidly on 1k rounds without trouble in mine... Had it about two months I guess.

I did swap all the springs for Wolff.. 25lb Wolff mainspring and 23lb Wolff recoil spring and fit an EGW flat base firing pin stop.

The heavy springs and flat firing pin stop slow the slide speed nicely,

Guessing it would choke on light loads... My reloads are all full power from 135gr to 200gr.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 4:04:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Closing in rapidly on 1k rounds without trouble in mine... Had it about two months I guess.

I did swap all the springs for Wolff.. 25lb Wolff mainspring and 23lb Wolff recoil spring and fit an EGW flat base firing pin stop.

The heavy springs and flat firing pin stop slow the slide speed nicely,

Guessing it would choke on light loads... My reloads are all full power from 135gr to 200gr.
View Quote

Gracias, danke, merci beau coups.
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 8:32:10 PM EDT
[#3]
had several episodes in the first 200 rounds of my slide locking back with rounds in the magazine.

My smith fitted the slide stop a little better and have been problem free since.

Running a heaver recoil spring and EGW firing pin stop.

Very accurate gun, happy with it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 2:38:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Forgot to mention my gripes with the RIA 10mm...

1:  it ships with a plastic main spring housing.
2:   It ships without a takedown tool to capture the recoil spring during disassembly.
3:  factory 'manual' is for a stock 1911a1... Bushing, short guide rod and such... Not the bull barrel FLGR style the 10mm is.

All were easily fixed.  Ed Brown MSH took a few minutes to fit to replace the plastic part with a nicely finished steel piece.  Very, very minor fitting required.  Think it took about four file strokes total to get the MSH fit.

Was a bit suprised to find no take down tool.  I made one out of a paperclip that worked fine.  I sent an email to see if the lack of a tool was an oversight and got an email reply to bend a paperclip.

They never mentioned anything about the manual in the reply email other than YouTube videos exist showing how to operate it.... . This is the most concerning to me... An unsuspecting buyer could have trouble if he followed GI instructions for a non-GI type 1911.  I already knew how to operate it... So no huge deal.

So... They cut some corners to keep price down.  I understand that and will gladly live with it.
I would hate for a complete gun n00b to buy one though... No usable manual, no tool...
If the gun were in the Kimber / Delta Elite / semi-custom price range I'd be raging about the above... In the Glock price range?   I can fix the minor issues and work around the others.

All in all, one of my favorite pistols now.  Great price on a very usable gun.
Link Posted: 11/22/2013 7:54:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I just bought home a new RIA Tactical II in 10mm. It hangs ejecting any unfired 10mm over 1.25 COAL. They catch the hollow point on the barrel shroud on the way out. Magazine seems to want to nosedive. It could be the factory Ted nugent ammo is too long at 1.25-1.26 COAL.
I reload my own but am out of bullets right now. Will update later.
I know 10mm is max of 1.26 COAL.
Link Posted: 11/22/2013 11:41:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I just bought home a new RIA Tactical II in 10mm. It hangs ejecting any unfired 10mm over 1.25 COAL. They catch the hollow point on the barrel shroud on the way out. Magazine seems to want to nosedive. It could be the factory Ted nugent ammo is too long at 1.25-1.26 COAL.
View Quote

It'll eject empties just fine.
If you want to eject a live round in the 1.25 to 1.26 length, needs to be a quick hard cycle of the slide or else they will catch as you mentioned.
Link Posted: 11/22/2013 12:16:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If you want to eject a live round in the 1.25 to 1.26 length, needs to be a quick hard cycle of the slide or else they will catch as you mentioned.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. I noticed that. It does shoot soft. Although it ejects cases about a mile. Fit and finish are very good. I will post a pic in a few.
Link Posted: 11/22/2013 12:29:40 PM EDT
[#8]
" />
" />
Link Posted: 11/22/2013 4:41:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Wish mine had the small logo. . Seriously considering having it refinished / cerakoted in Burnt Bronze just to get rid of the logo.

Consider Wolff springs and a flat bottom firing pin stop, it slows the slide down a bit and tames recoil even more.  200gr JHP at just shy of 'nuclear meltdown' don't twist in recoil like what I had come to expect from a Delta Elite and EAA...
Link Posted: 11/22/2013 9:28:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I have one. Only shot it once so far, about 200 rounds. Mine had trouble locking open on the slide stop on a loaded mag,. so I've filed the slide stop a bit as previously mentioned. Handles very hot loads no problem. I am using a 22lb recoil spring and flat bottom firing pin stop. Also had some nosedives on the first round of a fully loaded mag but only with 135gr loads.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:28:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a new RIA 10mm and am having the same slide locking back problem.  Can someone post a link to the springs and other parts installed that made your RIA 10mm function reliably?

Update: After some more Bing searches, I came across this and will try some filing because I have a little copper on my slide stop:
http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=374990

Also, it looks like the Cold Delta Elite springs are the ones to order?  I might try >20lbs if my filing does not have luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top