Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 8/24/2005 7:41:22 PM EDT

Looking to get a 1911 as my primary side arm. This can be used for a night stand gun, range gun, CCW, etc, etc. Whatever I chose, will be my only handgun. I have seen a lot of reports that the current production XSE Colts are very nice and one of the most reliable 1911's available, taking into considering it will feed lots of different ammo & magazines.

So, anyone have experience with these first hand or thoughts on the choice? I'm thinking get it and shoot it as is and upgrade as needed/wanted. Perhaps down the road getting a nice blued gov't sized 1911 to compliment it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:14:54 PM EDT
These are nice guns.
I do not like the safeties or the front serrations.
The front serrations are sharp and will/can draw leather.
The safeties are personal and I prefer standard commander or Wilson drop in beavertail over what this comes with. Single thumb safety I also prefer.
The serrations, if a problem, can be lowered neetly as no finish work would be necessary.
Dave Pruitt cleaned up the serrations on mine and dusted the slide with some sort of media leaving a nice no glare look with no destruction to the roll marks. Nice improvement. Very nice.
IMHO.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:20:12 PM EDT
Thanks for the info. At first I didn't like the front serrations but they have gown on me. It is nice to know they can be hidden later on if that is my desire.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:07:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/25/2005 7:08:53 PM EDT by cda24]
A friend of mine had a recent manufacture XSE. It seemed to be of good quality and shot well.

EDIT: I wish they'd ditch the front serrations too.
Page Handguns » Colt
Top Top