Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 8/24/2005 7:41:22 PM EDT

Looking to get a 1911 as my primary side arm.  This can be used for a night stand gun, range gun, CCW, etc, etc.  Whatever I chose, will be my only handgun.  I have seen a lot of reports that the current production XSE Colts are very nice and one of the most reliable 1911's available, taking into considering it will feed lots of different ammo & magazines.

So, anyone have experience with these first hand or thoughts on the choice?  I'm thinking get it and shoot it as is and upgrade as needed/wanted.  Perhaps down the road getting a nice blued gov't sized 1911 to compliment it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:14:54 PM EDT
[#1]
These are nice guns.
I do not like the safeties or the front serrations.
The front serrations are sharp and will/can draw leather.
The safeties are personal and I prefer standard commander or Wilson drop in beavertail over what this comes with.  Single thumb safety I also prefer.
The serrations, if a problem, can be lowered neetly as no finish work would be necessary.
Dave Pruitt  cleaned up the serrations on mine and dusted the slide with some sort of media leaving a nice no glare look with no destruction to the roll marks.  Nice improvement. Very nice.
IMHO.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:20:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info.  At first I didn't like the front serrations but they have gown on me.  It is nice to know they can be hidden later on if that is my desire.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:07:50 PM EDT
[#3]
A friend of mine had a recent manufacture XSE. It seemed to be of good quality and shot well.

EDIT: I wish they'd ditch the front serrations too.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top