Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 4:53:10 PM EDT
Looking at their website for concealment holsters... and the stuff looks good.  Anyone one here have good things (or anything) to say about them?

A search only shows one thread for a guy selling a few off cause his dept isn't using them.

No Expert
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:40:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought a holster from them a few months ago.  It was his EZ Carry model for a 1911 with a rail.  I also bought a belt at the same time.

I have a couple of minor gripes on the Haugen.  I also have holsters from Bullman and KL Null, so I'll compare to those.  

For some reason, when they built my holster they decided to line it with Kangaroo leather.  They did this at no extra charge, and I think that was great.  Kangaroo is very soft so I think it will be very easy on the finish.  However, the front sight pulled leather with it on the first dozen draws so there is now an unsighltly track of chewed up lining on the inside.  Looking at it, it seems like there is an adequate sight track when compared to my Bullman, so I think this may just be due to the kangaroo.  This isn't a big deal, and in fact if I had it to do over, I might still have them line it for the protection of the finish.  My Bullman holster has never pulled leather, but it's for a 3" 1911 not a 5", and that may have something to do with it.  My KL Null pulls leather all the time and I've been wearing it for 5 years.  

The other two issues are both cosmetic.  The stitching on the Haugen is not quite as straight and regular, and the finish on the outside is dull rather than shiny.  Again, not a big deal especially considering the low cost and quick delivery.  

On the plus side, the fit is good, the function is good, and the value is excellent.  All said, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:10:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
On the plus side, the fit is good, the function is good, and the value is excellent.  All said, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Thanks, I was looking at an IWB holster.  I appreciate your comments.

No Expert
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top