Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2006 10:49:23 AM EDT
I got to shoot one a couple years ago. I don't usually shoot 1911s myself, but it was very well done without a lot of crap added for no reason.

Anyone here have one?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:54:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag. Never even seen one in real life, but I hear nice things.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:59:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Part of the Vickers mystique is thaty he was too busy to make many guns.  So there aren't many out there.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:50:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Of course, I owned 8 of them.

But I sold them all and bought an Enzo.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:49:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:46:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Dude, you're lucky, I've never even seen one of the things.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:22:50 AM EDT
[#6]

"Delta pistol" by pistolsmith Larry Vickers- 1911 single-stack Springfield Armory .45. Bar-sto barrel and bushing, 20 lpi checkering on front strap, Novak's competition serrated rear sight, S&A mag well (flat), Videcki trigger, Novak dove-tail front sight, Wilson hammer and safety (not ambie), Wilson beavertail, dark wood grips and gray parkerized milspec finish. Uses WIlson 7 or 8 rnd mags with custom brass base pads. Pics and description courtesy Moron M40A1.

From "Military Morons"
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:33:09 AM EDT
[#7]
One of the members of my gun club bought the 9 mm 1911 that Larry used to win the IDPA championshiop one year. Said member let me fire a mag of ammo through it. Sweet!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:11:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I've only seen pictures
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:39:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
One of the members of my gun club bought the 9 mm 1911 that Larry used to win the IDPA championshiop one year. Said member let me fire a mag of ammo through it. Sweet!

Didn't you shoot one of his pistols during the night shoot/crimson trace demonstration in our class? I shot one his customs and I’m sure you did also. Everybody on our side of the line shot Larrys. The other side shot Mr. Langdons. I also remember that we switched pistols for some reason. I shot your Glock and you & JD shot my Wilson.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

SON OF A....  That's got to hurt still!!!

I've not shot one of Mr. Vickers, but I got to fondle one that was built in the last 2 years.  The man is a genius/artist/master all in one.  I've played with Browns, Wilsons, Baers, Nighthawks, etc. and none of them compared to the Vickers pistol IMO.  Unfortunately he is a busy man and doesn't build many these days.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:21:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Didn't you shoot one of his pistols during the night shoot/crimson trace demonstration in our class? I shot one his customs and I’m sure you did also. Everybody on our side of the line shot Larrys. The other side shot Mr. Langdons. I also remember that we switched pistols for some reason. I shot your Glock and you & JD shot my Wilson.

Larry was using a Nighthawk at that course and Ernie was using a S&W 1911.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:24:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Eh, its alright.  The Ferarri is more fun anyways, and the women love it.  Works alot better than the time I walked into my local mall with all my Vickers 1911's in various holsters.  What can I say, they like the car more.

Nothing beats the looks I get being a 21 year old driving around in a million dollar car

Ok, I'm done.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top