Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2006 4:23:15 AM EDT
After several range visits and about 300 rounds my P-32 would no longer fire.

Keltec graciously replaced it with another P-32 but can they (the guns) be trusted?

I carry a Seecamp now but sure miss the lightness and slimmer profile of the P-32.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 4:37:44 AM EDT
[#1]
By not fire, do you mean:

1. The trigger wouldn't move

2. The trigger was moving, but the hammer wasn't.

3. The hammer was dropping normally but the gun wasn't firing.

Which one?  If it's #2, that's a common problem with Kel-Tecs that has a simple fix.  If the trigger doesn't move far enough forward then it doesn't reset.  I've had that happen with mine a couple of time after I bought it.  Ten seconds with a file fixed that.z

ETA: The problem was a little extra flashing on the grip in front of the trigger.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 5:26:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Trigger moved but hammer would not drop.

Did they address the problem in newer models?

I would like to get another one but reliability is now an issue.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 10:33:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Go here...

If you don't find the info you want, maybe what he said will work good.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 1:05:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Either mold flashing or the trigger pin came loose.  Either way it is a 5 minute fix.  I think Kel-Tec just replaces things as a policy because it saves them money over taking lots of time troubleshooting.  Next time ask here in the Arfcom/Handguns/Kel-Tec forum and you might save yourself a month without the gun and shipping charges.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 3:14:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks to all three of you for the info and very interesting website to check out.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 3:43:47 PM EDT
[#6]
If you buy a Kel-tec you better be prepared to do some trouble shooting.

The box should just say "Kit Gun" enclosed.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:33:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Not IMHO based on my P32 and P11.  Both have been reliable right out of the box.  I use both for carry guns and trusst them completely.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:43:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Such helpful advice.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 5:24:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Even that's misleading because that implies you get all of the parts you need.  Mine has been back three times, and I still don't have all of the parts I need to get mine to work.z
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 5:30:14 AM EDT
[#10]
No problems with my P32.  With every gun maker you will have a certain percentage of lemons.  That's why I test fire before I carry any gun that I would use to defend my life and family.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 10:04:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
No problems with my P32.  With every gun maker you will have a certain percentage of lemons.  That's why I test fire before I carry any gun that I would use to defend my life and family.

Well, that's the problem. How much can it be tested before it becomes inoperable? 300 rounds, 500 rounds, 1000? Can it be trusted to pull the bacon out of the fire when the SHTF?

While still not the perfect platform, as any number of things can still go wrong with any firearm, maybe I'll just hedge my bet a little bit and stick with the Seecamp.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 12:24:34 PM EDT
[#12]
One of my buddies had this same problem with his P3AT last year.  Sent it back, it was fixed.  He has put about 500 rounds through it since then.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 7:36:34 PM EDT
[#13]
I had the same problem with a P32 I owned. I carried it as a backup on-duty and it broke after less than 400rds. Keltec customer service is great and fixed it quickly but I sold it since I couldn't trust it anymore. I do miss the slim profile and light weight but my revolver has never broke and has alot more rounds through it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top