Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 11/28/2002 5:52:27 PM EDT
Just saw that new bond movie and I loved that new gun of his. Im a rifle man my self but that thing just looked too cool. Dose anyone know what it was? And what type of pistol was it that Jinks used?

JIM
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 6:13:19 PM EDT
Bonds gun is a Walther P99. It was a joint project between Walther and Smith and Wesson. They joined together and called it Walther USA. But yeah, its a P99
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 6:14:54 PM EDT
I thought it looked a little like the S&W tatical.....I guess I was right...
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 7:08:11 PM EDT
THE P99 IS NOT A JOINT VENTURE BETWEEN WALTHER AND SMITH! IT IS A WALTHER DESIGN AND WAS FIRST DEVELOPED IN THE EARLY 1990'S. THE PARTNERSHIP WITH SMITH IS RECENT AND WAS FOR THE EXPRESS PURPOSE OF OPENING UP THE LAW ENFORCEMENT MARKET FOR WALTHER WHICH IS DOMINATED BY SMITH! ONCE AGAIN THIS IS NOT A SMITH DESIGN, THE SW99 IS A DERIVATIVE BUT THE P99 IS ALL WALTHER!
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 7:29:49 PM EDT
Regardless, H&K blows it out of the water. If Bond was a real secret agent, he would have a USP compact with a threaded barrel. Bond is a communist though, so I could care less what he carries. I actually rooted for all the capitalists he has fought against in prior years. Remember Thunderball? I rooted for Largo all the way

themao

Got ice picks?
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 7:38:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/28/2002 8:05:46 PM EDT by jtw2]

Originally Posted By themao:
Regardless, H&K blows it out of the water. If Bond was a real secret agent, he would have a USP compact with a threaded barrel. Bond is a communist though, so I could care less what he carries. I actually rooted for all the capitalists he has fought against in prior years. Remember Thunderball? I rooted for Largo all the way

themao

Got ice picks?

Well duh! He used to carry a .380!
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 8:01:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 8:10:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Green_Furniture:
......and before the Walther .380acp, he carried a shitty Beretta .32acp.

......and before the Walther .32acp, he carried a shitty Beretta .25acp.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 6:04:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 6:45:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/29/2002 7:00:37 AM EDT by XM777]

Originally Posted By Green_Furniture:
Wrong. He carried a .32 and then a .380. Never a .25.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzz..........

Bond used the .25 Beretta Minx as his primary sidearm for the first 4 stories written by Fleming. In fact 007 was very upset at being forced to stop carrying it in the "Dr. No" novel

www.geocities.com/Athens/Aegean/1318/Beretta25.html

A major turning point took place in the history of Walther's model PPK when Ian Fleming and Major Boothroyd consulted to select a firearm to replace James Bond's inadequate .25 Beretta.

www.hmss.com/qbranch/qb0101.htm

It was Major Geoffrey Boothroyd, author of The Handgun, who suggested to Ian Fleming that his superspy James Bond use the Walther PPK. 007 had been using the Beretta .25 with a skeleton grip.Unfortunately for Bond, the Beretta, equipped with a silencer snagged as it was tucked into the waistband of his trousers.

And what was M's opinion of the Beretta? It was most definitely negative.He informed 007 that he had to change weapons or go back to standard intelligence duties.

As the Armourer described, the Beretta, a .25 caliber automatic, was a "Ladies' gun." It did not have adequate stopping power. His choice for a sidearm was the Walther PPK 7.65mm. He liked the light trigger pull and the extension spur on the magazine that "gives a grip that should suit 007." In that time (1958) the 7.65mm or .32 caliber had good stopping power for the concealed carry. Another advantage of the PPK was the availability of the ammunition around the world.

www.whog.org/ppk/index.htm

With all being said, I think that Bond is well armed with his current issue P99.

Anyone else who saw "Die Another Day" notice that Bond's P99 is a Euro version, i.e. white outline rather than the American two dot rear sight?
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 2:42:22 PM EDT
Doesn't matter. Bond is still a pinko. He should be carrying a Makarov 9x18 mm or worse, because of his lack of testicular fortitude, a Tokarov 7.65 mm POS.

Dammit, why didn't Goldfinger cut that government crook up with that sweet ass laser? He had a genius idea to take all that gold away from government crooks who use a printing press to impoverish the world.

themao

Got ice picks?
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 10:48:05 PM EDT

Look at all you thumb-nosers, in here talking about me behind my back.....nobody likes my guns..I'm gunna cry....[>(][>Q][>(]

I thought S&W took over USA ops for Walther, I got the low-down on that shit from somewhere...just can't remember what the hell it said...

Link Posted: 12/1/2002 7:20:17 AM EDT
Shit and weasel was contracted by walther to do american service and warranty work. The P99 is in NO way the same pistol as the SW99 Quality wise.

The p99 is a well made and accurate gun.

mike
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 9:53:49 AM EDT
Bond ! A Pinko ! , maybe I should start shooting my SW99 with a limp wristed technique ! Besides he got the first one from the Chinese agent for 'services rendered'
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 4:06:39 PM EDT
James Bond used to be about C-L-A-S-S.

He didn't need a polymer blaster to get his work done. The PPK was always enough. How the hell can one hide a Walther P99 IN A CUMMERBUND? It's what my Mom would've called the "Clancy-fication" of the James Bond franchise. If Bond really neede to update his image, then he should've gone with the Sig Sauer P-230.

The Spy Who Loved Me was the best Bond yet and, likely, the best that will ever be made.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 8:33:21 PM EDT
Haha, you guys get way to worked up over some of this stuff.

Hes Bond. Who cares how he conceals his gun. I know people who can conceal full size 92fs's, so I'm sure its not that impossible to think one can conceal a P99...

May be a polymer blaster, but its a DAMN FINE gun. I think it fits the Bond role quite well. Slick, reliable, edgy. Just what he needs. I think all things considered, brosnan does a decent job handling the firearms. Sure, he may not hold the P99 properly near the web between his thumb and pointer, but still, its hollywood, that considered, he does a decent job. Atleast he doesnt close his eyes every time he fires...like another bond we all know of.

I just cant believe some of you guys took 3 whole bond movies to figure out he had a new gun ;-)
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 1:46:01 AM EDT

Atleast he doesnt close his eyes every time he fires...like another bond we all know of.

Which bond was that???.... I never took the time to notice that. Ill have to go over them again. Its a good thing I love those Movies!

JIM
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 2:00:26 AM EDT
"License to Kill" (I think) - Bond keeps taking the girls Beretta 950 .25acp (with the gold plated highlites no less.)

Any gun is better than none.
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 8:37:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Mortech:
Bond ! A Pinko ! , maybe I should start shooting my SW99 with a limp wristed technique !

Ahhhhh...come on...I saw ya at the range....it looks like you already got it down pat...
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 11:13:05 AM EDT
What i enjoyed the most was that for part of the movie he was using a revolver. Is that a first for a Bond film? What kind of wheel gun was it anyhow?
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 6:24:56 AM EDT
He took a revolver from a female in "Live and Let Die". Not sure he used it. In at least one film he has used a S&W "N" frame revolver, out of necessity, of course.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 7:11:00 AM EDT
Yes, it is a P99...

Now, the funny thing I heard on the radio yesterday...

Stores all over America are supposedly selling-out on these guns and cannot keep them in stock due to the popularity the movie has given them!

I think that should be taken as good news =)
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 12:21:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DevilsAdvocate:
Yes, it is a P99...

Stores all over America are supposedly selling-out on these guns and cannot keep them in stock due to the popularity the movie has given them!

Link Posted: 12/3/2002 12:21:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DevilsAdvocate:
Yes, it is a P99...

Mabey we need to contact hollywood and get them to use a CAR-15 in there next movie!
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 9:54:48 AM EDT
Look out there-my Makarov shoots better than my USP ever did and at 50 yds holds on against some very respectable Colts, Kimbers and others.
and for less than 2 bills makes me flinch every time I look at My SIG, Kimbers, Colt or SW99.
Top Top