Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2015 4:43:41 PM EDT
Anyone carry one? How is the recoil?

Any problem with the ballistics with the short barrel?

Are they worth the extra expense with ammo?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:45:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I love my 29sf.  I usually carry the G20 mags as backups.

I'm also patiently waiting on a G40 MOS to take full advantage of all the 10mm has to offer.  I've had it on order since Feb. '15....

I've considered picking up an extended barrel (adding ~.5") to the 29sf, but I'm still on the fence.  I'm going to chrono some of my rounds first to get a baseline before I drop the dough.  I believe Storm Lake and a few others make a slightly extended barrel for the 29.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:58:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I carry a 29 daily. I put a +2 base and love it. The recoil is not bad even with hot loads. Plus accuracy is great for a short barrel pistol.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:23:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Not my carry gun but I have one and the thing is a cannon. Its awesome.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:29:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I carried one for a few years, it's a little thick but a good holster helps.
I liked it, it was accurate and never malfunctioned, and non gun people keep saying 'you mean 9mm' until you hand them a round.
Broke my wrist last year and it was no longer fun to shoot warm loads, so i traded it for a P238 Equinox for the fiance.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:59:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I carry one. I love it as a poster above mentioned carry a G20 mag for a refill if SHTF.

I've actually shot clean scores at bowling pin matches with mine using 180 or 200 gr practice loads.

It is pretty loud but that's not a bad thing
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:24:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I carry one occasionally. It's a handful

Comfortable in a contact Minotaur or ctac
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top