Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2015 11:02:12 AM EDT

Crye GunClip

I'm thinking about this as an option, but wanted to hear some opinions first.

It looks very promising, as it allows you the option of running a light, a suppressor, both, or neither without having to have a different holster for each configuration.

I wouldn't be going suppressed on my CCW for obvious reasons, it would be strictly OWB.

Has anyone used them extensively?
Do they work on Gen 3 and Gen 4 Glocks?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:24:24 AM EDT
[#1]
They should fit both Gen3 and Gen4 models since the part of the weapon that it grabs is the same for both.  It does look pretty sweet, I'm not going to lie.  But I think I would only get one if I used it exclusively as to not screw up my muscle memory with other holsters.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:00:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I am not a tactical oper8t0r by any means but I do have a few general comments based on my experieces... I actually got one primarily for airsoft since I regularly use my light in that environment (that, and you cant OC in Illinois). I bought it to replace my Serpas.

1) They work fine on both Gen3 and Gen4 Glocks.
2) The retention is fantastic. The GunClip is almost always on my chest and sometimes on my belt. Never came undone even with some good spills on my part. The weapon is retained fairly well even when the holster is unclipped.
3) Retrieving the weapon is easy enough to get used to. Not as fast as a Serpa but not as cumbersome as I expected it to be.
4) When the holster is on a belt and your weapon is drawn, the clip/flaps will flop around a bit as you move. On my chest, gravity keeps them in place. This is a non-issue for 100% of the time the weapon is holstered and hardly so when drawn.
5) Getting the weapon back in the holster, especially with gloves, can be a little cumbersome especially if you cant see the GunClip. Its not hard, necessarily, but its not a simple *push* *click* that you get with tension holster.
6) There are a fuck ton of angles you can mount it at. Reducing the tension on a screw allows you to rotate the holster relative to the base. This may be common in OWB holsters but Ive only otherwise used a Serpa (which has a few pre-selected orientations).

If we could OC here, I would consider using it. It does look intimidating between its design and exposing so much of the gun and weapon light but maybe thats a good thing to some.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:05:50 PM EDT
[#3]
bump for more input  
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:13:05 AM EDT
[#4]
It doesn't work with an RMR.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 8:09:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It doesn't work with an RMR.
View Quote

Do you know that for a fact?

I just ask because in the pic on the site, it looks like the RMR would clear it:

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 8:23:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Do you know that for a fact?

View Quote

I don't have an RMR on the 19 but comparing it to the one on the FNP it would fit.  I just wish Crye would make the GunClip for more pistols like the FNP that are great suppressor hosts.  There are so few options for suppressors, lights, and red dots that work as well.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't like how the Gun Clip requires a twist out draw stroke.  It's just not for me.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:02:38 AM EDT
[#8]
It does work with a rmr equipped glock. My 17, 19 and 34 fit fine. There is just enough room for it to work.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:14:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It does work with a rmr equipped glock. My 17, 19 and 34 fit fine. There is just enough room for it to work.
View Quote

Nice!

Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top