Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2006 3:12:37 AM EDT
I saw the pipctures from SHOT of the new lightweight Operators coming. Just wondered if anyone had seen them in person yet, or heard of a release date? Also, has anyone heard a price range on them? I'm hoping they'll be close to the loaded/Bi Tone range, but am afraid they'll end up around the MC Operator price. Thanx.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:33:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I've learned the hard way, if I have to ask "how much?", I can't afford it.    
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:09:50 PM EDT
[#2]
no prices.  wish springfield would update their website.
www.leedway.com/Springfield%201911%20Tactical.pdf
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:10:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah. I have a friend who just bought one. He paid slighty over $1,000 for it. They had a sale on them at Buckeye Outdoors in Ohio. TRP Operator with the new short rail, I posted a picture of it in this thread;

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=49&t=27456

The kid doesn't research his guns much less shoot them before the gets them, it was so sad that he wanted me to make a post asking wht kind of gun he had LOL! .

I shot it and was less than impressed. I have a Kimber Warrior and preferred the Warrior. The sights are not Novaks, they are adjustable. Asjustable sights have no place on a combat handgun. The frontsrap checkering was too sharp and the barrel is a bull bushingless barrel, with a full length guide rod for hellish takedown. I would not reccomend one.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:29:24 PM EDT
[#4]
If the lightweight is more expensive than the MC, I bet it will be a flop.

What they really need to do is bring back the Loaded Operator. The OD Green craze has died down a bit, so why not get back to the basics.

ETA: In conversation with Springfield, they mentioned that pricing on the LW Operators is up in the air at the moment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top