Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/19/2006 1:05:20 PM EDT
If so, what are your thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:13:05 PM EDT
I have some on a Ruger SP101 .357. The grip feels better than the factory grip and the red dot is very visible. I am happy with them.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:29:30 PM EDT
Ive been eyeballing the new ones for the Glocks.. pretty slick setup and reasonably priced. Just a hair over 200.00 ...... Simple install by removeing one pin and reinstalling the new longer pin. Watched one being installed at a show today, took less than 1 minute to do. gona have to sell something now lol....
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:59:52 PM EDT
I have them on my Beretta M92FS. I love them. It is my bedroom gun. It is fun at the range also.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:11:32 PM EDT
I have a set on a P229. I think the flat shooting .357sig will pair with the laser nicely, and the grips feel better than Houges, though not as nice as stock. After I shoot it I'll be able to give a better feedback.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:54:26 AM EDT
I have them on my Nighthawk GRP Recon. I'm pretty happy with them, and activation is easy.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:13:42 AM EDT
I have them on a S&W 340 PD. Fine so far. They are larger than Stock grips, so they make it easier to grip the small pistol than factory grips. You should be happy with them.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:35:07 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:47:40 AM EDT
I put a set on my Hi Power.

Pretty nifty. I'm amazed at how close the beam was to being "on" just from the factory. Adjustment is easy, and I've got me dead on at 20 yards. As you get closer, you'll have a little bit of a situation where bullets will hit to the left of the dot. Far far away, they'll hit to the right of the dot. Just a function of having the laser on the side like that.

Still shoots within minute of badguy
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:28:23 PM EDT
Mine wash out in sunlight...

I perfer a light over a laser anyway.
You can blind and ID at the same time...

IMHO I'd spend the money on a light or ammo instead...
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:25:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/23/2006 4:28:38 PM EDT by Combat_Diver]
I've used CT grips for the M9 and M1911A1 in Iraq for several deployments now. They make shooting from awkard positions and moving easier. Been doing 100m night shooting with the M9 also. Used the M9 as a demo for the proper use of sight alignment and trigger squeeze by firing the gun upside down and using the pinky finger on the trigger. Students can see and understand fundementals (sight alignment and trigger squeeze , no matter position). Do like them enough that I've bought my own and have them on my personal 1911. Another good use was during the earlier days of OIF when driving at night I could drive with one hand and point pistol out window and by using periphel vision put the dot on a potenitial target.

CD
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:36:39 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
I've used CT grips for the M9 and M1911A1 in Iraq for several deployments now. They make shooting from awkard positions and moving easier. Been doing 100m night shooting with the M9 also. Used the M9 as a demo for the proper use of sight alignment and trigger squeeze by firing the gun upside down and using the pinky finger on the trigger. Students can see and understand fundementals (sight alignment and trigger squeeze , no matter position). Do like them enough that I've bought my own and have them on my personal 1911. Another good use was during the earlier days of OIF when driving at night I could drive with one hand and point pistol out window and by using periphel vision put the dot on a potenitial target.

CD

Well I think that puts the nay-sayers to rest. Combat recommendation; you can't beat that.
Top Top