Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 3/21/2002 3:29:06 AM EDT
I really like the older Colts, particularly the New Service and Police Positives. Any other old colt fans around?

Link Posted: 3/21/2002 4:42:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 5:21:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah!  I love the New Service and all the "D" frames.  I have a small collection of both.  Last count was 4 New Services (M1909, M1917, 7.5" .45Colt, 5" .357 Mag).  They're a big gun, but they are darn nice!

For the "D" frames I have a Det Spec I carry daily, a 3" Cobra in .32 H&R mag (cyl change, with taper barrel), another Detective Special in 3" (factory taper barrel, not the recent 3" barrel offered by SG), Police Positive Special in .32 H&R mag (another cyl change gun with taper barrel), and a Police Positive from the 70's that has the 4" heavy barrel with the shrouded ejector, but not the full lug like the last model.  I still want to get a Diamondback in .38 and Cobra or Agent for a lighter carry piece.  I may build up a Detective Special with one of those 3" full-lug barrels offered by Sportsmans Guide.

Yeah, I like the old Colts.

Ross
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top