Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2009 5:51:12 PM EDT
I took my G19 to the range last weekend and the gun started locking back on a mag with rounds in it. I thought it was an ejector issue but got to do a full field strip tonight and found that my slide stop lever spring is fucked up and causing the lever to be pushed up (locking back the slide) irrespective of whether or not there is a mag in the pistol.

I just need to replace the spring but I can only seem to find them sold with the slide stop lever (which I dont need).

Anybody know where I can find just the spring?

Thanks for all the help in advance

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:00:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I think glock sells it as part of the slide stop lever.  I know I have a new slide stop in my kit from back when I was making sure I had a complete set of springs.  They weren't expensive, I like it was a $3.95 part from lonewolf, the bad part of getting one online is shipping is so expensive.  If you go with lonewolf ask them to mail it in an envelope first class mail for ~$1.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:03:59 PM EDT
[#2]
2 pin or 3 pin frame?

I should have an extra slide stop lever lying around. Drop me an IM and I'll mail you one.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:07:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
2 pin or 3 pin frame?

I should have an extra slide stop lever lying around. Drop me an IM and I'll mail you one.

Much appreciated, Thank you!

Its a 3-pin frame (Gen 3)

IM sent

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:51:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Sure you put it back together right?  Spring under the pin?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:53:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Sanity check -

Are you sure the lever was properly installed in the first place?   It's a common mistake to install it before inserting the first pin (the locking block pin). If you do it wrong it ends up pushing upwards (as you describe) instead of down.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:19:35 PM EDT
[#6]
A picture is worth a thousand words;

If the end of the spring looks like this it's installed right.

If, however, the end looks like this it's installed incorrectly.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:48:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sure you put it back together right?  Spring under the pin?

First thing I thought of too.  

Sounds like innocent_bystander is gonna square you away.  If not, I've always gotten great service from www.glockparts.com, for anything my local shop doesn't have in stock.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:46:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all the input guys.

The spring was definetly installed correctly. The last time I shot the gun was a few months ago and it was running like a raped ape when I put it away last (didnt dissasemble/clean/field strip at the end of that range session).

She just started acting up this past weekend without any real or attributible causation.

Hopefully the new spring will square things away, if not youll probably find this thread back at the top of this forum in about a week
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 4:55:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A picture is worth a thousand words;

If the end of the spring looks like this it's installed right.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/Coloradoglocker/100_0457.jpg

If, however, the end looks like this it's installed incorrectly.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/Coloradoglocker/100_0458.jpg  

Excellent pics! They really are worth a thousand words.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top