Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2009 2:10:27 PM EDT
I heard they were going to have interchangable backstraps.  I would sure love it if some pics were leaked.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:41:31 PM EDT
[#1]
That's the rumor.

Won't know for sure until the 2010 Shot show.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:15:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Aren't the 4th generation models the ones with the rougher textured grips and fish gill serrations on the slide?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:44:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I think they would get a lot of people's attention if they had a flat backstrap option so as to alleviate the Glock grip angle issue that many have.  So much the better if it's available via interchangable backstraps.  And get rid of the finger grooves at the same time.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:49:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Aren't the 4th generation models the ones with the rougher textured grips and fish gill serrations on the slide?

No, the RTF2 frames are still 3rd gen Glocks although some people insist on referring to them as Gen4's for some reason?
Quoted:
I think they would get a lot of people's attention if they had a flat backstrap option so as to alleviate the Glock grip angle issue that many have.  So much the better if it's available via interchangable backstraps.  And get rid of the finger grooves at the same time.

Agree 100% - Can't wait for these new Glocks to hit the market!

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:56:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm very much looking forward to Glock's 4gen offering. Replaceable backstraps and no finger groves would make me very happy.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:56:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Pics will be leaked/released soon enough.....................................as soon as someone finds one, it'll get plastered up right here.

Until then....................remember when we were kids, and Christmas morning was just...........not...........there.........yet....................
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:57:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I thought that ad was fake?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:08:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.............................no fake................some of the folks on this Board own RTF Glocks.  They're real.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:14:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.............................no fake................some of the folks on this Board own RTF Glocks.  They're real.

knock it out with the awkward............pauses
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:29:19 PM EDT
[#10]
same floor pan as the 3rd gens, lower glass angle, still has the exploding 10 bolt, but can be had with a LS1
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I hope they combine the RTF frame with the backstrap option :)
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:04:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

knock it out with the awkward............pauses

Can't......................must...............pause.............in the face of..............ignorance.......................
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:55:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't own one but they have/had them at the local shop.

I didn't like the feel of the new texture...I prefer the aftermarket hard rubber sticker grips.

One really strange thing, and I'm not sure if it was an anomoly or if they are all gonna be this way.  The trigger on the G17 was changed.  The trigger "safety" stuck out slightly further and the reach to the trigger itself was slightly long too (meaning I had to extend my right index finger to get it on the trigger).  I compared it side by side with an earlier gen 3 with the standard old grips and serations and there was a significant difference/feel.  

If all the new glocks are going to be like this I will have to stock up on the old ones.  

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:11:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
No, the RTF2 frames are still 3rd gen Glocks although some people insist on referring to them as Gen4's for some reason?

Based on that rationale, the gen 2's would be gen 1's then as all that changed on them was the grip texture.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top