Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2006 1:01:01 PM EDT
Hi Guys!
I was wondering if anyone has had any first hand expierence with the Crimson Trace LG17 laser?

http://www.crimsontrace.com/data/LG%20617LG.jpg

I like the design and the userfriendly design.
The pirce is not peanuts, but you get what you pay for.

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:12:47 PM EDT
[#1]
CT has the same basic warrantee as Glock, unwritten lifetime.

If you want to call it a downside, it is so thin it does not have a shut-off switch. Other then that it is a very nice laser.    
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:46:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool Pic!

I like your Blaster! How does the laser effect your  handling of the firearm in retrospect of not want to activate the laser at a certain given time? Like when you are going around a corner and you do not want to let everyone on the other side that  you are coming.

Thanks again for the reply.

Snapcap

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 1:18:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
...How does the laser effect your  handling of the firearm in retrospect of not want to activate the laser at a certain given time?

I think once you get used to it being there your muscle memory will take over and not allow you to activate the laser unless you want it on. It does not take a lot of pressure to turn it on but you can easily do it just by flexing or not, the muscle in the web of your hand.

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:22:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Went out and ran my G19 with the CT grips today at the range.  Very well made and I'm happy that I have a pair on the way for my 26 also.  The change in grip wasnt that noticeable to me (you just have more of a beavertail feel to it now).

Whenit comes to not telegraphing your movement with the grip you can do several things.  First, dont activate it like some mention here.  Another method, and the one I use, is to bring my index finger up and block the laser with it.  If I want the laser visible, I'll drop my finger slightly and the laser is now out there for me to see.

BTW, I zero'ed my laser for 10 yards.  Was making clean hits with it at 25yrds also though.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:58:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Got my G26 grips in tonight when I got to the office.  Looks like I'll be checking those out when I'm back on the range this weekend.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:38:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top