Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 11:06:35 AM EDT
I have a Springfield "loaded" model and was wondering if anybody has used the Kimber .22 conversion on Springfield Armory frames.   Good or bad way to spend $280?

Thanks

JMN69
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:26:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Seen some complaints that SOME are so damn tight that they will not function til the rails are cut a bit. I would try one on the frame I was going to use before I dropped any money myself. If the shop won't let you I'd pass. [I understand from the shop POV but I have seen the problem several times] This is the joy of really tight frame/slide fits which don't do diddly for accuracy anyways unless horribly loose.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:05:00 AM EDT
[#2]
One thing to be aware of is that the magazines that come with the Kimber kit are not compatible with a magwell without extensive modification.  After hacking up my Kimber mags and having a great deal of difficulty getting them to work, I chucked them and ordered magazines from Ciener that worked much better.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:53:15 AM EDT
[#3]
By no means am i a guru expert or even knowledgeable about 1911's.. i have little experance with them.

a while back there was a ARFcom shoot over here in my neck of the woods *first time i had been to a shoot like that* at the shoot i shot a customized norico 1911.. a very nice *i dont know the manufactor* 45 win mag. and a Ciener 22 converted norinco.. and quite honestly the most fun i had was with that Ciener the owner had around 10  mags for it that he would let me shoot through then fill up *he let me plink with it for an hour or 2* but not only was it nice and cheap to shoot *my favourite part* but the thing hit anything i pointed it at with no problems., and  i was very impressed with how reliable it was.. i would expect there to be extraction issues with the small round but ran into no problems with the coupple of hundrad rounds i put through it..

just my 2 cents.. i like kimbers from the reviews i have read and their specs.. but that 22 converson kit i have heard bad things about..

Jess
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top