Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/13/2005 11:06:35 AM EDT
I have a Springfield "loaded" model and was wondering if anybody has used the Kimber .22 conversion on Springfield Armory frames. Good or bad way to spend $280?

Thanks

JMN69
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:26:03 PM EDT
Seen some complaints that SOME are so damn tight that they will not function til the rails are cut a bit. I would try one on the frame I was going to use before I dropped any money myself. If the shop won't let you I'd pass. [I understand from the shop POV but I have seen the problem several times] This is the joy of really tight frame/slide fits which don't do diddly for accuracy anyways unless horribly loose.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:05:00 AM EDT
One thing to be aware of is that the magazines that come with the Kimber kit are not compatible with a magwell without extensive modification. After hacking up my Kimber mags and having a great deal of difficulty getting them to work, I chucked them and ordered magazines from Ciener that worked much better.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:53:15 AM EDT
By no means am i a guru expert or even knowledgeable about 1911's.. i have little experance with them.

a while back there was a ARFcom shoot over here in my neck of the woods *first time i had been to a shoot like that* at the shoot i shot a customized norico 1911.. a very nice *i dont know the manufactor* 45 win mag. and a Ciener 22 converted norinco.. and quite honestly the most fun i had was with that Ciener the owner had around 10 mags for it that he would let me shoot through then fill up *he let me plink with it for an hour or 2* but not only was it nice and cheap to shoot *my favourite part* but the thing hit anything i pointed it at with no problems., and i was very impressed with how reliable it was.. i would expect there to be extraction issues with the small round but ran into no problems with the coupple of hundrad rounds i put through it..

just my 2 cents.. i like kimbers from the reviews i have read and their specs.. but that 22 converson kit i have heard bad things about..

Jess
Top Top