Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2013 10:49:44 AM EDT
I am not familiar with any Beretta models besides the M9 and my Vertec. Are there any smaller Berettas that will accept the 92 mags that I already own?

I know they would stick out, but I am just looking for something small that would be able to use what I already have.

Link Posted: 1/16/2013 11:50:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I think a Beretta 92 Compact will take the full sized mags.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 11:56:51 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I am not familiar with any Beretta models besides the M9 and my Vertec. Are there any smaller Berettas that will accept the 92 mags that I already own?

I know they would stick out, but I am just looking for something small that would be able to use what I already have.

The 92 Compact L will take standard 92 magazines. The bottom will stick out a bit, and I am not aware of any spacers or baseplates you can buy to get rid of the gap.

The Compact L is a 13rd double-stack that is a marginally smaller version of the 92. They are only released periodically in small batches, so expect to look around for one.

Link Posted: 1/16/2013 12:55:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 2:17:41 PM EDT
[#4]
They should work in the Centurian Models
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 4:22:09 PM EDT
[#5]
As a 92 compact and full size owner I can tell you the size difference is almost negligible.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 6:55:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, thanks for the heads up on the compact. Since its not much smaller than my Vertec, it would hardly be worth it. I guess I will keep looking for something else.

Any ideas? I am looking for a smaller carry gun.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 2:47:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The 92 Compact L will take standard 92 magazines. The bottom will stick out a bit, and I am not aware of any spacers or baseplates you can buy to get rid of the gap.

The Compact L is a 13rd double-stack that is a marginally smaller version of the 92. They are only released periodically in small batches, so expect to look around for one.

I made a nice spacer out of a used ar grip,
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 10:02:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well, thanks for the heads up on the compact. Since its not much smaller than my Vertec, it would hardly be worth it. I guess I will keep looking for something else.

Any ideas? I am looking for a smaller carry gun.

I don't think there is going to be anything that meet your criteria. The legacy pistols are all pretty large compared to modern designs. Newer designs use different mags.

The only way to get more mileage out of your 92 mags would be a carbine...
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 5:39:06 PM EDT
[#9]
The Model 9000 uses 92 mags.

CD
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:34:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh! I like that!

On the Wiki page it says that "adapters are available for 92 mags, but are rare"

What kind of adapter might this be? Are they just talking about a grip extender?

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:38:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Photos my good man!

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 5:40:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Oh! I like that!

On the Wiki page it says that "adapters are available for 92 mags, but are rare"

What kind of adapter might this be? Are they just talking about a grip extender?

Yes, the adapter is just a grip extension.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:26:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Photos my good man!

+1 Would like too see that as well.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:55:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Photos my good man!

+1 Would like too see that as well.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 9:00:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Photos my good man!

+1 Would like too see that as well.[/div]

http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii413/mcrebell_photo/photo1_zpsae834378.jpg[/div]

I like it,nice work.
A2
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 9:04:39 PM EDT
[#16]
yep,thanks
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:29:24 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh! I like that!

So, I am guessing you could use 92 mags without the piece, there would just be a gap, correct?

I am on the hunt for a 9000s, now.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:08:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh! I like that!

So, I am guessing you could use 92 mags without the piece, there would just be a gap, correct?

I am on the hunt for a 9000s, now.

Gap from 15 rnd mag.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top