Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2015 7:53:50 PM EDT
I'm seeing a significant increase in the amount of XD-S handguns being sold in the past month or two by individuals. Is something new coming out? Is it strictly coincidence?
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 8:25:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Large "flavor of the week" crowd got new flavors for Xmas.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 8:51:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll have to start paying attention and pick up the 45 flavor, already have the 9. Great pistol and would like to have another.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 9:25:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the XDS 45 and wouldn't trade it for anything.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:44:05 PM EDT
[#4]
This!

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the XDS 45 and wouldn't trade it for anything.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:54:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Was this the gun that there was problems with the firing pin bushing/liner/whatever it's called breaking?
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:54:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Making a trip to the gun store tomorrow. Hopefully I get to handle one!
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 7:30:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I agree with the sentiment that it was a flavor of the week thing, and many people have stated they are displeased with the recall trigger.

Personally, I bought mine with the recall done, and never was displeased with it at all. In fact, it's become my go-to since I ran it at a bowling pin match on a whim.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 9:58:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I like mine but it's heaviest from single column compacts. After whole day I can feel it on my ass
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:59:34 PM EDT
[#9]
The new Mod 2 line is basically a double stack XDS. It's not much larger either. People could be going to that, just a guess.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:57:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Not sure...I would not sell my bitone XDS .45
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:37:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't forget, there's a whole class of gun owners that are completely into "the next big thing" out there.  

When the XDs came out  they were difficult to come by because they were sold as soon as the gunshop put them in the display case.  A year or so later the eyes of the fickle gun owners among us were caught by something else.

"Ooooh look, something shiny!"

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:26:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Well my trip to gun store was not a success. They were out of stock when I arrived and had just sold the last model just a few hours prior. Missed it by that much. I will certainly keep an eye (maybe both) open for one.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:04:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I've owned the xds45 for awhile now. Had to send it in for the recall but never had an issue prior. I carried a g36 before this and would take the xds everytime. I agree with the sentiment that most are just moving on to the next big thing. I'm too cheap to sell mine for what their going for these days..
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:10:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I sold mine about a year ago and went back to Glock as my main carry gun.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:18:32 PM EDT
[#15]
A lot of people seem to be selling the Shields too. Not sure why, except that they were maybe noobs who expected to use it as an all-purpose gun, and we're disappointed with the low round count and long range accuracy.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:55:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I like mine but it's heaviest from single column compacts. After whole day I can feel it on my ass
View Quote

What holster?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:21:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I liked my XDS so much I picked up another one....no plans on getting rid of either of them....
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 3:08:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The new Mod 2 line is basically a double stack XDS. It's not much larger either. People could be going to that, just a guess.
View Quote

This....trying to get it for 45
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 3:14:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Looks like a new XDs 45 can be had for $450.  Are you seeing them cheaper than that?
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 12:21:32 AM EDT
[#20]

Was at the range yesterday with my 125# 5'4" wife.  She was putting all her shots into a tennis ball size group at 10y with her stock 3.3 XDS-9 using the longer mag and shooting about one shot every 2 seconds.  Several guys came over to watch and commented on her good shooting and asked what pistol it was.  She was able to do the same thing at 3 yards (which I consider a typical real-world self defense distance) shooting 2+ shots per second.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 10:30:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Went to a gun show a few days ago and there wasn't a single used XD-S for sale.  However, they are a mite heavy for pocket carry so they aren't for everyone.
View Quote

Who said, or thinks, the XDS is a pocket gun?  
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 11:39:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:[/b]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the short mag a 3.3" XDS is suitable for pocket or purse carry (assuming you have pants with deep pockets).  With the longer rmag it becomes a good holster pistol.  Very accurate.  100% reliable.  Enough weight to tame recoil.  It's an excellent "all-around" self-defense pistol capable of successfully engaging targets at +/- 25y IMO.  But for those who have bought into the Micro-mini fad (which are almost real self-defense pistols, but not quite) it probably isn't for them.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 4:34:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Its the ALL because the  "I want the Latest Greatest XD" crowd is bying MOD2s.  Simple.  I think!
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:50:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Went to a gun show a few days ago and there wasn't a single used XD-S for sale.  However, they are a mite heavy for pocket carry so they aren't for everyone.

I do.  Carry it in my pocket all day.  Have been for a few months now
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 6:13:59 AM EDT
[#25]
I will admit I bought a mod2 and off loaded the shield. Wife said one has to go and the 2x the cap at .2 more thickness made sense.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 2:35:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I sold mine about a year ago and went back to Glock as my main carry gun.
View Quote

Super informative.  Thanks for listing your reasons.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:07:21 AM EDT
[#27]
One thing I can't stand about the mod 2's... "Grip zone"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top