Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/5/2005 1:42:59 AM EDT
Was considering a purchase of the Insight Technologies M6 for my Springer Operator when I went to the store yesterday, however they also had the new Surefire X200(?) model. Seemed like the Surefire had a brighter, more focused light and was made of aluminum I think. The M6 had a laser that came with the light, which I find somewhat cool. M6 body is made of some sort of plastic material.

Does anyone have lights mounted on their railed 1911s? Which one do you prefer and why? If you have pictures, don't hesitate to post as I would love to see your set-ups.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:50:10 AM EDT
I've heard nothing but good stuff about the SF X200. It's what I'm going to get once I'm a railed 1911 owner. I have other Surefire lights (2 handhelds, shotgun light, and carbine light) and trust them completely.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:14:38 AM EDT
we have the m3 at work on our glocks.
i'd go for the x series if you go w/ the m6 model. supposedly the switch is improved (our m3's are not 100% reliable in the switch-under recoil i have to remove my thumb, from the momentary tab, just as i take the shot so that i dont knock out of position the battery cover/switch assembly).

but i'd go for the surefire x200, or the nitrolin (w/out slim line) seems to work out on the railed 1911s. i'm a surefire fan.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:07:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:38:16 AM EDT
Surefire: Either the X200 series or the Military Light.

Be well!

damian@adcofirearms.com
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:30:56 AM EDT
Don't waste your time or money, buy a surefire X200 and not some cheap piece of plastic that gets powder burn, burned into the plastic lens when you shoot it (M3,M6).
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:04:17 AM EDT
I don't like lasers. I own one, but don't like it much. I do like the M3X light. Its very bright and seems very durable.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:44:44 AM EDT
Make sure whatever x200 you buy has the new rail configuration. All the 200Bs have it, and the new 200As as well.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:52:13 PM EDT
i have a kimber tle/rl II with a surefire x200a on it,and i love it. the lens cleans off pretty well after a great deal of shooting,it has an extremely focused beam,great for anything out to effective range of the pistol, and i've had no problems with it whatsoever. not to mention,it has the surefire lifetime warranty,which is always great.i haven't tried the pressure switch yet,but i'm looking forward to it.i had an m6,and didn't much like it.i rarely used the laser,didn't like the constant/temporary on off configuration much,and it was powder burned easily.i,personally,would go with the x200.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:09:41 PM EDT
Surefire X200

I have both an A and B, they are differnent - but I just got the B so I haven't played with it much yet
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:21:26 PM EDT
I have the Streamlight M3, have used it on my G17, G21 & Kimber Pro TLE/RL.
Very happy with it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:47:16 PM EDT
Surefire X200 B model.

Just did some walking around the dark house and the neighborhood - for handgun distances, I prefer the wider beam of the "B" model. The "A" has more reach, but it's not needed for handgun distances.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:54:04 AM EDT
Isn't the X200 an LED? Try it next to a xenon and you'll see why I prefer the M3X.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:00:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By cliffy109:

Isn't the X200 an LED? Try it next to a xenon and you'll see why I prefer the M3X.

Yes, but that is WHY we like it.

Xenon's have more reach - but you don't need that for the handguns. LED's are hands down 1000% more reliable - a big plus

For rifles, I run xenon surefires - for handguns, I'll take the LED's.

Plus, the only M3 I ever tried I didn't like the beam quality - even the adjustable nature of it. Too many blotches in the beam
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:24:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/6/2005 10:25:05 AM EDT by JaketheSnake]

Originally Posted By fight4yourrights:
Surefire X200

I have both an A and B, they are differnent - but I just got the B so I haven't played with it much yet

fight4yourrights can you post two pics of the X200 A and B versions with the lights on , I have been debating on what type of light to get for my warrior. I think I've settled on the X200 series but I still don't know just how wider the B version is. I have played with the A version and the light was very white and precisely focused.

If you can't no problem.

Oh and another quick question do the lights come with a momentary switch that extends underneath the triger or do you have to buy it as an extra.

Thanks JaketheSnake
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:02:38 PM EDT
Grant already did that and posted the results on a few forums. I am sure if searched, you'd find it.

Be well!

damian@adcofirearms.com
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:51:25 PM EDT
Didn't take long for my M6 to develop chewed up rails and a loose battery cover. I'd go with something else.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:51:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JaketheSnake:

fight4yourrights can you post two pics of the X200 A and B versions with the lights on , I have been debating on what type of light to get for my warrior. I think I've settled on the X200 series but I still don't know just how wider the B version is. I have played with the A version and the light was very white and precisely focused.

Going to be about 10 days. Dig camera's in the shop.

It's MUCH wider. In a house, from about 15 feet - I can shine the A model and leave a dark corner a few feet away with someone hiding in it. Under the same conditions, the B model lights up the corner well
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:34:48 AM EDT
Ive used both and I prefer the Surefire. It's a heavier duty unit-aluminum housing vice plastic. It also has a brighter light, a lifetime warranty and an LED unit vice bulbs.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:40:19 AM EDT
I bought both but settled on the Surefire. The night sights AND the laser are a little bit of overkill in my opinion. Also lots of positive replies about the X200 on this thread. Thanks for everyone's very helpful comments!!

The Surefire X200A seems to be a better build, is brighter and from everyone's experience here, is a far better product than the M6. So how come it's cheaper? Can't be because of the laser????
Top Top