Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2017 11:15:48 PM EDT
It is between that and the M&P. I know there is more add ons for the M&P, but sometime I want something different.

Your thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 11:24:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had mine for about a year and have put around 500 or so rounds through it. The only issue I've had is the slide not locking back on the last round. Come to find out that my right thumb will sometimes push the slide lock down, all due to my grip. I also have the elite and this is quickly becoming my EDC pistol. You can't go wrong and for the price, you get a lot of gun.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 11:30:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Its an excellent pistol.. will run side by side with the Walther Q5, and will outperform some others. Mine really likes 115 gr Hornady HAP over 6.4 of power pistol.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 8:30:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've had mine for about a year and have put around 500 or so rounds through it. The only issue I've had is the slide not locking back on the last round. Come to find out that my right thumb will sometimes push the slide lock down, all due to my grip. I also have the elite and this is quickly becoming my EDC pistol. You can't go wrong and for the price, you get a lot of gun.
View Quote
Many Glock and P22x shooters have this issue.  Place you right thumb on your left hand and push you left hand into the frame with you right thumb.  You thumb placed on your left hands metacarpal will prevent interaction with the slide stop I had to learn this when shooting my Walther PPS, Sigs, and Glocks.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 8:33:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I've shot several. All I know is that I am acquainted with two guys - one is H&K or nothing the other is Glock>all.  They are good friends. One of them's soon-to-be son in-law bought one. After shooting it at the range, they both have one for a "truck" gun. 
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 9:50:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I have rarely seen bad things about them. Most have only positive things to say and for the price they seem worth a try. Only friend I know who has one likes it but his collection is rather large and normally only shoots a few so it isn't used enough to make a judgement call but it feels nice in the hand.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 1:19:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought the canik tp9sf elite for my pops and he loves it, it's accurate, goes bang every time, has good ergos, and its cheap! He had never owned a semi auto handgun before that and takes his tp9 to the range every trip now. Its an awesome little gun you can't go wrong picking one up.

I carried an m&p 1.0 for about 4 years, if you replace the trigger it's a excellent gun as well. I have not shot or handled a 2.0 but I hear good things about it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 8:39:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the Elite S and the TP9SFx.  Both are great pistols. They both have fired everything I have fed them and are very accurate.  These are very well made striker fired polymer pistols. The price makes them even more attractive.

I have owned many other guns and have many other guns/brands.  I really like these Caniks!  Great performance, very good ergos, nice sights and a factory trigger that is excellent compared to most of the competition.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 10:41:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I've got 3 Canik's the TP9SA, the Elite, and one of the cz copies all have been 100% trouble free and have 5k+ rounds through between the two TP's. Triggers are the best out of the box I've had.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 9:36:17 PM EDT
[#9]
The V2 is my personal favorite.  Man....the Double Action pull is excellent and the gun is stone cold reliable.  I am nearly at 1k through it and it just runs and runs!!!!

I really like the anti stress trigger system and the ability to carry it striker down.....or not.  The TP9DA has an SF type trigger which affords you the option the carry it "more" safely in the SA mode if you want.

These are great guns for the money.  I almost bought another SF the other day just because it was a good deal.  If it had been a TP9V2 or the old Canik 55 TP 9.....I woulda walked out with it.

Link Posted: 8/11/2017 9:42:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Warning sent
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:49:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a TP9SF. Closing in on 2K, so far I have had 4 or 5 instances of the striker not cocking during rapid fire/double taps. I think from looking at how the trigger mech works the recoil spring no longer has enough power to close the slide forcefully enough. The problem has only happened when the pistol is really dirty, slowing the slide down even more.

I have not been able to duplicate it at a slower rate of fire, about 1 round a second.

I was looking at the LWD recoil spring and guide rod for a G17, thinking about ordering one just to try.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:07:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I shot the TP9SFX the other day and wasn't overly impressed. It does have a short reset, but a lot of pretravel. Seems well made, but I don't want one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top