Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 1/17/2015 2:30:56 AM EST
Hello,

I recent purchased a S&W M&P9. Unfortunatly the model available came with the magazine safety. I've seen multiple write-ups on how to disable this feature, which I was able to accomplish. I'm just wondering if anyone has heard of, or experience any issue after this modification?

I noticed that the trigger bar can still be physically pushed to the side, enabling the magazine safety.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:29:11 AM EST
The trigger bar is designed to do that normally so no problems there. With your magazine safety removed there is nothing to push on it.

I have had problems personally doing this. One gun I tried it on had trouble keeping the sear disconnect in its proper channel, which caused big safety issues for me. It all depends on the way you did it and what parts you used. Care to share?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:18:03 AM EST
I replaced the magazine safety bar and spring with the cut-down spring from a pen (as seen in various youtube tutorials). I plan on getting the 1911 spring some have used which is the propper size. Not sure if it will make a difference but it will make me feel better.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:27:06 AM EST
On another note. Apparently you don't need the sear disconnect either. It can disasemble like a glock.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:25:14 AM EST
Just get a new sear housing block assembly if you are that concerned. I think you can get them from Midway or Brownell's for about $30.
Top Top