Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2004 5:11:19 PM EDT
Want a 10mm and was thinking about it. Already have a Glock, Colt Delta is too expensive, and I dont want a 1911 style anyway.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:18:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn its that bad. I know its hasnt been made in a while, but somebody must own one.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:34:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Get the 1076. The old FBI model. I still hate S&W autos though.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:56:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:10:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I had one and it worked great.  I didn't like the Smith adjustible sights that were on it, so I sold it with the intention of getting a fixed sight version and got distracted with my money.  If I run across one with fixed sights, I'm buying it.

The gun is big and heavy, and well suited to the 10mm.  I thin it's a better platform for the 10mm than the 1911 (and I have a Delta Elite).  I've never shot a Glock 20/29 so I can't comment on them.  If there's two guns that I'd say would take the 10mm and not wear out too fast, it'd be the Glock and the S&W.  Recoil wasn't at all the monster that I had heard 10mm to be, even with real loads.  More than a .45, but really just different.  Like a .40 going faster (duh, that's what it is).

I've seen police trade-in 1076's that had ALOT of rounds through them, and they were looser than a new gun, but they were still usable (i.e. no cracks, no broken parts, just wear from high number of rounds)

The gun is also very accurate.  Alot of that has to do with using good ammo, but most owners of 1976's have found them to be quite accurate.  My 1006 drilled holes where I pointed it, so I was happy.

The big drawbacks are they weigh alot, so carrying is tough, and they're big, but both of those help with the 10mm.  Price is about the only thing keeping me from buying one off the net.  I find them at gunshows once in a while, and sooner or later I'll have money in my pocket when I find one.  

Try to get a good price on one.

Ross
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top