Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 4:31:46 PM EDT
Just wondering how you feel about your USFA SAA revolvers.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:11:00 AM EDT
[#1]
While I don't own a USFA Single action I thought that I would reply since no else did.
Awhile back I was looking to get a single action just because and it came to a colt single action army, a USFA, and a ruger old model vaquero.
I found the trigger of the USFA to be better than the colt and the ruger. The fit and finish on the gun was at least equalt to the colt, imnho I think it was a little better. The dealer and a customer both told me to go with the USFA if I really didn't care about the colt name. They had a list of reasons that they prefferd it to over the colt. Honestly in my hands with my eyes closed it felt like it was better made, had a better trigger pull, and a smoother hammer. YMMV.
That being said, I went with the old style vaquero. I wanted to take the pistol to the woods with me and I wanted to be able to use Buffalo Bore ammo. So I went with the ruger.
Good luck with your choice
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:35:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a USFA SAA "Rodeo" in 45 LC w/ the 5-1/2" barrel.

I feel like the guy that purchased it from me stole it. Been kicking myself in the ass for the last year and half.

It's one of the few handguns on my "to replace" list.  AKA my "Sly, WTF were you thinking by getting rid of that?" list.

Sly
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top