Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2005 6:42:17 AM EDT
I was wondering if anyone owns one of these little pistols chambered in .32 Auto and whether or not it has been running well for you.

This inquiry is coming from someone with a modest pistol collection who would like to add a pistol chambered in this relatively famous chambering.  I'm never going to spring for a $700.00/$800.00 Colt Model of 1903 so I was considering the Beretta because it seems well made and is an interesting design.

Let's not turn this into a criticism of the cartridge's shortcomings; that's not the point (I'm well aware of them and I couldn't care less).
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:07:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got one that was my dad's.  Neat little pistol, actually.  You can carry it Condition 1.  Only shot it a few times so I can't comment on that stuff.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:01:41 PM EDT
[#2]
My dad also has one (what a coincidence) and I have to say it's got a great feel to it.  For as small as it is, it feels great in the hand.  Also when fully cocked and locked the pull needed to fire it is minimal and short.

I like the weight, the size, the grip, the trigger, and design (and looks).  However, I do not like the sights.  I realize it is for very close range personal defense firing, but I still don't like them.

Aside from that, it's a nice little pistol.  Very easy to clean as well ;)
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:08:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I own a Minx and a 21A which are similer but in .22. Both are great and have thousands through them. Both have jamed a few time but that seems to be common fir .22's. The .32 will probibly be a little better.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:30:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought one when they first came out several years ago.  Mine is accurate and reliable, and was my daily carry weapon until I bought a P3AT.  The only problem I've ever had was the slide would pop up when you poped the barrel, but this was fixed after a quick trip to the factory.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:46:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies.
Maybe I've been watching too many old Bogart or 007 movies, but I just feel that a pistol chambered in .32 Auto/7.65 Browning belongs in any decent pistol collection.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:55:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:05:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
They are fun little pistols, and are fairly accurate for their size.  I've been known to use mine as a back pocket pistol when I go walking at night.

They are indeed great pocket rockets. Quick trip here or there, no room for bulk, just need to grab something real quick?

Perfect.

I love mine. Had it for a few years now, carry it when full size isnt an option, for whatever reason.

Remember, 10% of something is >100% of nothin.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:52:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I had one that I got for the wife and it was a great little pistol. Mine was very reliable and accurate enough for what it was. For some reason I shot better fast than with slow fire with it and I realy liked the pop up barrel. I sold it because she never shot it or carried it and I am not a pocket pistol guy but if I was it would be the one.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:44:49 AM EDT
[#9]
I still have one that was my backup gun for years.  The only problem I had was rust (body sweat, you wouldn't believe where you can carry that little gun!) so i had all the metal parts electroless nickel finished - then a couple weeks later the factory offered their nickel gun!  Definately get the nickel one if you plan to carry it, not necessarry for a shooter.  Buy some CorBon .32 ammo if it will be used for self-defence.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top