Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2013 4:25:26 PM EDT
Just wondering if any knew of or is using non factory replacements such as a steel/titanium guide rod or a better spring.

I have seen upgraded rods in other guns and the slight weight difference makes a noticeable change.

Spring i was thinking something along the lines of a twisted heavy spring like sig uses.

Anything out there?
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 7:28:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Try http://www.guiderod.com or
DPM Recoil
or ssguiderods.com.

Haven't tried any of them but I am considering it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 6:26:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I have been thinking of it as well.  I have the captured version, and CZ never seems to have them in stock.  Since I am going to replace the entire assembly, maybe I will do it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 7:24:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I can't seem to find one for the .40 cal
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 6:06:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Well I ordered a replacement guiderod and had it sent to the old man for something to fill a retirement day with.

Hes gonna work up a improved guiderod in either SS or Titanium so well see where this goes.

I personally cant justify spending $55+ on a ~4" peice of bar stock with a simple operation.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:42:51 AM EDT
[#5]
the above link, guiderod.com is where I got mine
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:46:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Does the polymer guide rod in the P07 have a history of failure?  I've run stock polymer guide rods in my Glocks for tens of thousands or rounds without a failure.  The only time I switch them out is when I want a different spring weight.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:56:46 AM EDT
[#7]
No they have not had a history of failures.  I don't recall having heard of even one, but I could be mistaken.  I have personally seen a Glock one fail.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top