Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2006 8:53:04 PM EDT
Hey, I tried searching but didn't have much luck. I know I've seen these questions several yimes though.

I'm looking for a holster for my G19. I will primarily be using it just to keep it accessible while at the range and maybe eventually using it to practice transitioning from rifle to side arm. Nothing too serious.

I will be getting my concealed carry license in a year or so and would want an IWB holster then but I'm not sure if I should go ahead and get an IWB now just for the range or if an OWB holster would be more comfortable/convenient.

And yes, once I get closer to getting my concealed carry license I will buy an IWB holster (if I don't already have it) and use it for pactice to become familiar with it.

Your thoughts, experiences, brand choices, etc. appreciated!!

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:13:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Comptac
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:26:37 PM EDT
[#2]
www.pistolpacking.com
Great guy. I just ordered the paddle. It got great reviews in a recent tactical weapons magazine. It holds the weapon close to your body but is readily accessible. Ill do a review when i get it..2 week turnaround.
I ordered the canted kydex in OD green to match the OD Glock 19 going in it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:43:53 PM EDT
[#3]
3 of my friends and myself all carry Glock 19's and the Milt Sparks Summer Special II IWB holster is our preference.  2 of us are bone thin and the other 2 are a little thicker.  None have problems concealing with normal dress, and we all find it very comfortable.  What ever you do, make sure you get one with belt loop snaps, not a clip as it makes it much easier to remove should you need to.  

As far as the range, I would reccomend a paddle style kydex.  Easy to put on/take off without dicking with a belt.  

Doc
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:07:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Threat Solutions UCR. It is the most comfortable, most concealable, and fastest holster I have ever used. I have been carrying my G19 in a UCR for a year and I will nver use another holster. Trust me, just get the holster and you will thank me later.

www.threatsolutions.com

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:36:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Threat Solutions UCR. It is the most comfortable, most concealable, and fastest holster I have ever used. I have been carrying my G19 in a UCR for a year and I will nver use another holster. Trust me, just get the holster and you will thank me later.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/glocker199/glock35.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/glocker199/Glock20rear20jeans.jpg

www.threatsolutions.com

That does look nice. I just checked out the website. I'll definately keep this one in mind as I get closer to getting my CHL.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:52:57 PM EDT
[#6]
If you plan to get an IWB for concealed carry, I would recommend going with that from the start. Milt Sparks is very hard to beat, but I have a Galco for my G33 and a DeSantis for my G30 that I like too.

In an emergency, you do what you were trained to do, so I would go IWB now and train with it until you have your concealed permit. The fewer variables the better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top