Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2010 8:40:34 PM EDT
I know the frame is the same, but can I just swap uppers with no questions/problems?

Also is there a way to shoot .40 out of the 9mm upper? I have the .40 to 9mm conversion barrel. But can I just put the a G22 barrel in a G17 slide?
I know it may all sound stupid to some, but I do have a reason for the questions.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:49:46 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I know the frame is the same, but can I just swap uppers with no questions/problems?

Yes if they're both three pin. It is also advisable to swap the trigger mechanism housing (ejector) as well.

Quoted:

Also is there a way to shoot .40 out of the 9mm upper? I have the .40 to 9mm conversion barrel. But can I just put the a G22 barrel in a G17 slide?

No.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#2]
bummer. Thanks for the help. I guess Ill have to throw some parts up for sale soon.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:12:00 PM EDT
[#3]
What are you trying to do?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:37:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a 2nd gen G22 I don't care for the frame, but it was cheap, this is my main HD gun.  The shop that I buy from all the time has a used rtf G17 for sale for really cheap. My aunty wants to pick up a glock and she likes the old smooth frame. So I was going to buy the g17 and just swap the slides, but she also wants to shoot .40.
So I'd have the RTF G17 frame with a G22 upper
She would have my old G22 frame with a G17 upper, but no way to shoot .40...

So I may just buy the gun anyway and sell my frame and the new slide.

I do have a few rtfs, but they are safe queens and I have no intention to shoot them. I would keep every thing, but i'm on the verge of being broke since I've been introduced to guns.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:48:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Summit Gun Broker gets in used G22 second gens quite often, so that could solve that problem for you.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top