Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 7/19/2008 10:22:47 AM EST
Hadn't planned on buying a P6, even tho I've always liked the gun. I have a 228 and always thought the P6 would be redundent. Until today.

Cruising thru one of the local gun shops. Not looking for anything in particular. Buy some small stuff (my usual practice if I like the shop, sort of a good will thing). As I walk out I mention in passing I need to go home and save my pennies for the P6 he's got. Asking $325, box, papers, two mags and Polizei swivel holster. About the going rate in these parts. Dealer says he's been sitting on the P6 for to long. Ordered four, said they were poor sellers. Last one in the case, its yours for $249. Dammit. I don't need another SIG (got two). I don't need another 9mm (got six others). And I don't need to spend any more money. But................

Yeah, its now mine. Century Arms import, Made in W. Germany stamped. 2/84 stamped on slide. M522xxx serial. The usual holster wear on the slide, faded SIG grey color. Grips good and used. Frame almost new. Barrel doesn't even have any SIG smiles.

Slide has "NW" stamped by the date. Anyone know what that is? Its not the usual German date code. Department stamp? Rebuild?

Sorry, no pics. No digi cam. And it looks like any other P6.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:50:02 AM EST
NW indicates the German region(state) where the pistol was issued. In this case, that is Nordrhein Westfalen.

BTW, in which shop did you find the $249 P6? Jacobsens in Story City?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:08:47 PM EST

Originally Posted By bnz42:
NW indicates the German region(state) where the pistol was issued. In this case, that is Nordrhein Westfalen.

BTW, in which shop did you find the $249 P6? Jacobsens in Story City?

Cedar Valley Outfitters in Marion. Been to Jacobsens many times when I lived in Ames but never saw any deals this good. I only get to CVO once or twice a year even tho I live in Iowa City area. May have to go back more often. Nice guys.

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:41:57 PM EST
Heck, you got a heck of a deal for that !

I would have picked it up in a heartbeat !

you did the the right thing to find a good home :)
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:05:41 AM EST
Excellent deal. I've really fallen in love with my P6. It's single stack, so it's narrow. It's actually 1/3 narrower at the grip than a Bersa .380. I've started using it as my carry gun and it's perfect. Fairly safe with one in the pipe due to the trigger mechanism, reasonably easy to conceal (for us guys with broad shoulders), comfortable to shoot, fits my hand well, and accurate.

Couldn't be happier with it.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 12:35:22 PM EST
Thats a good deal. Congrats on owning another Sig. The p6 was my first, but now that Ive got the sig itch it wont be my last
Top Top