Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 2/26/2006 8:33:58 PM EDT
how do H&K's feed hollowpoint ammo.  will they take about anything you can throw at them, or are the particular like a 1911?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:36:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Will they feed hollowpoints?

Hell, you could probably feed em a carrot and they'd find a way to fire it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:33:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Will they feed hollowpoints?

Hell, you could probably feed em a carrot and they'd find a way to fire it.

lol, it's funny because it's true
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:42:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Read my lips and say it along with me: It's an HK!
it's a blasphemy to compare a 1911 being as reliable as the HK. It doesn't even come close!

I tell you what. You go to a 1911 forum. then you go to HK forum. Doesn't matter where, just go to any of the sites that talk about these two guns. Tally up all of the posts that people complain about reliability. You get back here and report :)
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:33:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Between my USPc .40 and .45 Tac, there have been thousands of rounds of hollowpoint fired through them.  Different weights, profiles and manufacturers with zero FTF.

I haven't tried a carrot, but some okra make it through the .45.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:46:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Between my USPc .40 and .45 Tac, there have been thousands of rounds of hollowpoint fired through them.  Different weights, profiles and manufacturers with zero FTF.

I haven't tried a carrot, but some okra make it through the .45.

Marshall and Sanow give .40 Okra a 94% one-shot-stop rating.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:34:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Rather than hope it feeds, you're absolutely positively expecting it to.  I've never been disappointed.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:02:24 AM EDT
[#7]
amen
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:02:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Well whatever you feed it, dont feed it wolf. Ive had my USP for half a year now and half run about 7000 rounds through it now and never once had a malfunction or failure of anykind until today using 180gr wolf FMJ. The round fired but the casing split and jammed in the breech causing a failure to extract. That wasnt fun and ruined my whole experiance today. Lesson learned: if you got 1000 bucks to blow on a pistol, spend a few bucks more to shoot quality ammo out of it.

Gun in question was a fullsize .40. Luckily my barrel didnt suffer any damage.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:32:26 AM EDT
[#9]
i have never used wolf ammo myself, but i have heard BAD things about it from MANY people.  for what that's worth.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:12:07 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
how do H&K's feed hollowpoint ammo.  will they take about anything you can throw at them, or are the particular like a 1911?

That is a funny question my FNG friend. The Germans have been designing firearms to kill people for quite a long time and H&K is known to be at the forefront of the R&D in that field. Sure warranty service was a bit shabby but now thats all changed cause of the move to Trussville, Alabama. Your H&K will KICK ASS. Thats all you need to worry about.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:29:51 PM EDT
[#11]
what i meant was that i have shot 1911's for years and find them fine for carry and self defense IF you have a throat and polish job done.  i've had kimbers that would choke on JHP ammo straight from the box and i don't particularly want to use ball ammo for SD (of course, that's another thread.)
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:32:10 PM EDT
[#12]
DO NOT FEED YOUR HK A CARROT.  
The residue left behind is a bitch to get out!  You think Wolff ammo is dirty, you just wait and see what is left when you light off a carrot!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:11:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
DO NOT FEED YOUR HK A CARROT.  
The residue left behind is a bitch to get out!  You think Wolff ammo is dirty, you just wait and see what is left when you light off a carrot!

I thought the polygonal rifling was good to go with unpeeled carrots?
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top