Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2012 8:23:17 AM EDT
I have a 3rd Gen G19 which I got into simply because everyone said I needed one.

I don't like the "hump" towards the bottom end of the grip...if that makes sense, therefore I never shoot / carry it.

G17's fit me like a glove (owned several over the years) and I got to shoot a Gen 4 G17 yesterday and pretty much fell in love.

I'd of loved to tryout a Gen 4 G19, but the store was out of them.

Does the new grip on the Gen 4 reduce the "hump" on it?

I like the G17 grip due to the placement of the "hump" it causes my hand to fit just right and points naturally. I am strongly considering picking up the G17 (gen4) and making it my everyday pistol (ccw/hd/range/etc..) but if the G19 (gen 4) has better ergos I'd just roll that way.

Guess i need to hold one to find out and not ask here, but I figure some of you glock gurus would have an answer for me.

I went in to look at M&P's but handled the gen 4 for the first time....I'm going to stay glock.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:08:44 PM EDT
let me rephrase this:

Does the Gen 4 Glock 19 have a better grip (with no additional back strap) than my current Gen 3?

I know I need to go hold one, but just wanted to know from those who own them.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:10:41 PM EDT
yes

the mag release is nicer too.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:36:00 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DanTSX:
yes

the mag release is nicer too.

Thanks!

I decided last night in my sleep I would just get the 17 and dress around it for carry as "really" prefer it.

Plus half an inch isn't bad.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 12:21:10 PM EDT
That's what I did with my g22. I love the smaller grip of the gen 4, & it fits my hands great, but the 23 was just too short for all my fat fingers to stay put on it. So I carry the G22. I dress around the gun & honestly with some forward cant it's very concealable on my bigger frame. I wear t-shirts with no problem.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:16:24 PM EDT
NO NO NO NO.

The gen4 grip does not reduce the hump. I think the others didn't read it through.

What you CAN do, however, is cut the bottom of the M backstrap to do a quick grip reduction. I did that and like it.

the other thing to note is that the Gen4 is skinnier side to side. I notice the difference. Others don't.

And since everyone will ask why there's tape on my grip, this is the end result:

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:43:08 PM EDT
The funny thing to me is the 17 seems like a hump to me and the 19 doesn't. Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:02:44 PM EDT
In my limited handling of the Gen 4 19 the hump seems less noticeable.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:33:00 AM EDT
The hump is there, but the reduced size front to back of the grip with no backstrap reduces the feel of it to many. In my hands it's a big difference. We are all different, someone else may not notice it as much. If I could trust a gen 4 G17, I'd replace my gen 3 G17. But I don't trust the gen 4 9mm.
Top Top