Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/22/2003 4:13:32 PM EDT
Whats a good revolver or semi-auto for a ankle holster? Or what do you carry?
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:12:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/23/2003 4:38:28 AM EDT by KODoc]
Let me preface by saying that the best ankle holster out there by far is made by Alessi.

I own one but rarely use it because I'm not crazy about ankle holsters. I guess they're OK if you simply use them as a means of concealed transportation for your firearm and can transfer said weapon to your pocket when you anticipate aggression that may require the use of deadly force.

They're suitable for small, light handguns such as lightweight J frame Smiths or their clones or Kahr polymers.

Personally, I'd rather make do with a pocket holster.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:43:00 PM EDT
I second the Allessi, its the best of them all IMO, they are felt which wicks away sweat etter and does not matt like lambs wool, they buckle with velcro and are not elastic so there is no constant squueze for 8-10 hours. I carry a 60 and a pony in one in the summer when a jacket is too hot. I bought one for my G30 but its really too big for an ankle holster
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 4:46:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/23/2003 4:46:40 AM EDT by Slacker]
One more +1 for the Alessi. Good gear.
I've carried a G27 in one for years. Second to none in comfort and quality. They run $115 now...
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 10:27:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By KODoc:
Let me preface by saying that the best ankle holster out there by far is made by Alessi.

The Rengade ankle holster is an excellent way to carry a J-Fame S&W
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:21:59 AM EDT
While I also like the Alessi, the Renegade (DeSantis) is just as comfortable for me with a j frame and easier to find as well as being less expensive. JMO
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:34:24 AM EDT
Another satisfied Alessi customer.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:10:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/24/2003 10:13:36 PM EDT by Redjack]
i carry a 9mm taurus titanium. it's a little big to carry in the ankle but just the right weight. looking for something a little smaller like the sw 342pd.

anyone know of a decent light hammerless revolver with a safety? preferably in 357. would like an ankle piece slash pocket piece with some punch with a little less pocket print than my 9mm SA.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:17:51 PM EDT
Has anyone tried the Mitch Rosen model? I think he's one of the few ankle holster manufacturers that use leather only around the holster itself and uses some sort of stretchy material to go around the lower leg.

I do like the Alessi and Null is supposedly good too, but they all seem like you've got ankle weights velcroed to you ankle and is, for the most part, unnatural feeling, though I've never worn one for an extended period.
Top Top