Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2004 9:55:11 PM EST
What barrell length do you recommend. I'm debating the 4" or 6" (I don't want the 8")? Thanks for any opinions.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 12:30:36 AM EST
6inch is going to give you the best overall performance and balance.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 11:01:10 AM EST
To me the 4" balances much better. If you're not going to hunt or sihloutte shoot with it, the shorter bbl is the way to go, IMO.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:34:45 PM EST
I think for the Anaconda, the 6 incher is better proportioned, after all, it's a large gun anyway.
Between the slightly better velocity and longer sight radius, the 6 incher gets my vote over the 4 inch barrel, depending on your overall intended usage.
Mine was an 8 inch, the price was right, I got used to it and it looked impressive.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 11:35:57 PM EST
Thanks for the opinions. I see that two knowledgeable members differ on which balances better. I'm still confused. Will the recoil be much harder in the 4" barrell over the 6" barrell.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:19:59 PM EST
Recoil depends, as always, on the type of ammo used. I doubt if there's much, if any, measureable differrence in felt recoil between the 4" & 6". The 4" model will also give you a much higher variety of holster options as well, IMO.

My .02
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:03:59 PM EST
The recoil will be harder on the 4' but not horribly so... as far as balance goes that really depends on what YOU are comfortable with...
Page Handguns » Colt
Top Top