Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2003 4:59:58 PM EDT
O.K. P99 owners.  I own a P99 in .40 S&W.
This gun shoots all standard ammo without any problems. The other day I bought some Speer Gold Dot 155gr. GDHP home defense rounds. I put 10 in a mag. and it seems like this ammo is too hot for this gun. It was slamming the slide back so hard and the accuracy went right down the drain. Had a hard time just hitting a standard pistol target at about 25 ft. Anyone else have this problem with their P99?  This will be disappointing if this gun won't shoot what most defensive rounds are, which is    plus-p ammo.

head.gif
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 11:04:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I shoot +p in my P99QA 9mm all the time, with no problems.  I've even tried some +p+.  Not a single hiccup.

I dunno.  You may want to try a new recoil spring - both wolfe and sprinco make them now.

My 2 cents.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 12:00:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a XD-40, and I did not like the results I was getting with the speer gold dot 40's either
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 2:42:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I shot 155 gr. cor bon +P no problem, I will have that gun looked at.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 12:23:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Most manufactures recommend an increase in the recoil spring when shooting +p ammo.  Kimber told me to upgrade to a 24# (Stock is 16#) spring in my 1911 when shooting +p.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 2:24:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree with StewartTR about recoil springs.  I was firing the Golden Saber 102 gr Remington in my very new condition Interarms PPK 380 ACP.  The empties were ejecting some 10' from the gun which indicates to me high slide velocites.  Upgraded the mainspring to Wolff +10% over factory and the recoil is milder, ejection is only to around 4' and I believe this is easier on the gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top