Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2006 10:34:30 AM EDT
What kind of ammo do you guys use in your P22, when I go shooting I usually just get the 550 round box of federal, but this last box I bought will barely cycle, stovepipes alot and sometimes doesnt chamber the next round, I switched to Remington and it is working alot better.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:53:50 PM EDT
[#1]
My P22 (L-serial # prefix and the -A mags) has eaten CCI Mini-mags, Remington Golden bullets (don't remember if that's their name or not), and the bricks of Federal from Wally World just fine.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:45:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My P22 (L-serial # prefix and the -A mags) has eaten CCI Mini-mags, Remington Golden bullets (don't remember if that's their name or not), and the bricks of Federal from Wally World just fine.

Ive had similer experiances though I have never used the federal stuff in mine. I also shoot a LOT of CCI Blazer now, though sometimes it wont strip a new round out of the magazine (only with blazer).
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:54:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Ya, that happens to me after about a hundred or two rounds. The slide will stop at the base of the new shell, and I will have to tap the slide into battery with my palm. Besides that, it's been a stand-up gun.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:57:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Remington golden bullet, almost exclusively.  It's been reliable and rarely malfunctions.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:28:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Remington golden bullet, almost exclusively.  It's been reliable and rarely malfunctions.

I used to use the golden bullets but they kept gumming up the feed ramp, and after a few hundred rounds Id have to wipe it off before I could continue shooting, though other than that they were just fine.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:18:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Avoid Remington Thunderbolts at all costs.  The rifling in a P22 is very shallow and the lead in the thunderbolts is very soft.  Those two points added together will lead to leading like you won't believe, followed by complete lack of bullet stabilization in a couple boxes of ammo.  You'll have keyholes aplenty and tumbling bullets.

I use Goldenbullets, as well as Fed bulk from wally world and the every awesome CCI minimags in mine.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:56:54 AM EDT
[#7]
At first my P22 was a little picky ammo wise, but now I use CCI Blazer exclusively. I get The Blazer for $9.99/500. As opposed to my Sig Mosquito, which works best with Remington high velocity for $19.99/500.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:31:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I only use CCI Stinger 22 cal Ammo, works great
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:33:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I only use CCI Stinger 22 cal Ammo, works great

Stingers (and the Aguila Hyper vel rounds) use an extended case, a smaller weight pill, and powder charges that push the edge.   Given the zinc MIM slide on a P22, the Stinger would not be my first choice for everyday use in this pistol.  

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:38:49 AM EDT
[#10]
But the Stingers shoot so well out of the P22. It seems like the higher velocity rounds work better in my pistol...what do you think the maximum power .22 is that this gun can safely shoot?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:11:46 PM EDT
[#11]
anybody try cci velocitors or federal champions?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:42:41 AM EDT
[#12]
I've used velocitors, they work well, not as loud/ high veocity as Stingers, since they are nromal sized. I don't think they would create any issues in your gun (but I'm no expert)
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:50:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Good - Federal Game-Shok 40 Grain Copper Plated Solid.

Bad - Winchester XPERT 22 Hollow Point, 36 grain
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:15:39 AM EDT
[#14]
anybody used federal champions suppressed?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Velocitors are really good, as are CCI Mini-Mags.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:12:25 PM EDT
[#16]
How much are the velocitors?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:20:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Velocitor  is in the 30-35$ range per brick. As the same with most CCI ammo. It's the good shit.

my P22 loves just about everything. I mainly shoot Stingers, Mini-mag and Velocitor.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:50:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Have had no failures with stingers and velocitors and minimags.  CCI Blazers seem to be the best cheap round with only a few ftf.  Remington Golden's suck as do the Federal hyper velocity in my p22.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:58:55 PM EDT
[#19]
went and shot my p22 for the first time and went through 300rds of remington golden bullets and 100rds of velotcitors with no problems
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:06:10 PM EDT
[#20]
I shot 750 rounds of CCI Blazer through my P22 this weekend, I had to help it feed 2 rounds and it had one light strike, but a second pull of the trigger and it fired, thats amazing for my P22. It was also alot warmer than it usually is so I think that had something to do with it. I also shot 40 rounds of the federal bulk ammo from wally world and it fired flawlesly. I think my P22 likes the warmer weather.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:17:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I shot 750 rounds of CCI Blazer through my P22 this weekend, I had to help it feed 2 rounds and it had one light strike, but a second pull of the trigger and it fired, thats amazing for my P22. It was also alot warmer than it usually is so I think that had something to do with it. I also shot 40 rounds of the federal bulk ammo from wally world and it fired flawlesly. I think my P22 likes the warmer weather.

I like the Blazer too, unfortunatly more and more often it will not load a new round out of the mag at all. I did the hammer mod they discuss at RFC, to see if that helps any, if it doesn't, I'll have to try something else.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top