Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2020 11:53:50 PM EDT
**No disrespect intended to ANY other companies, but calling it how I (and almost everyone) see it!**
(Bolded Parts are the Main Topics if you are not a long winded reader)

I was on a recent quest for night sights for several setups, I was dead set on Trijicons and didn't want to hear anything about any other brands, I saw it as "the best" due to the price point and I was dead set on what I wanted!

I FIRST got a pair of:
- Trijicon "Bright & Toughs" (3 white dot system)
- Trijicon HDs.
- Glock (OLD/Original) OEM (Mepro 3 dot)

Anyone that mentioned AmeriGlo, I ignored and thought the recommendations were solely due to the lower price point...

Man.....was I wrong about doubting AmeriGlo!

A guy who I had been speaking with owns dozens of night sites, and kept mentioning how he had been swapping everything out for some type of AmeriGlo.

-After finding out he was switching everything to the "Bolds", and that Glock is now selling them in all Gen options, and outfitting *Special Edition* Gen 5s with them, I immediately got a pair of "Bolds" and immediately sold my (unopened) Trijicon HDs before ever even giving them a try!

After looking at the sight picture a g23 outfitted with the BOLDS, I made my choice immediately.

The others are not bad, but the AmeriGlo Line is just on par with how Night Sights in 2020 should be!

The original OEM has the tritium vials encased about 1/8" to 1/12"  deep in the housings with white and silver reflective paint inside, to make them illuminate and give an "Orb affect".

The MAJOR issue that made the original OEMs a 100% "no go" for me is the fact that in daylight, if the sunlight even touches those Sites, the clear epoxy (that protects the paint and vial) reflects so badly to where you absolutely can NOT remotely even see the white circles!!!

The Front and rears may as well both be blacked out for daytime use, but they work at night,
Athough:
If you wake up hearing a bump in the night, those orbs could easily be extremely blurry to tired eyes!

The Trijicon are more precise than OEM (maybe 75% of AmeriGlo's brightness), but the front sight does NOT have a larger Tritium Vial like AmeriGlo uses, so the Front Dot appears smaller due to being further from your eye.

The Trijicon "Bright & Tough" white paint starts to turn yellow and eventually beige/brown due to carbon, and even age alone can cause it, with many reports of it flaking off over time and folks having to use touch-up pens and other techniques to brighten the rings back up! Many natural based solvents can strip the white paint from them completely if contact is made (frog lube, SLIP2k, etc)

If any eye issues, ditch the white rear dots! Trust me!

Others companies offer either "Option A", OR, "Option A and B" with Night Sight models..

AmeriGlo* is currently
     working on the entire "ALPHABET"!

Onto the Ameriglo Bold: (Spec options first, then the Pro's and Con's below that)

They have a (non sharp/tapered) .276 rear with a nice non-reflective coating, and a slightly deep set "Square Notch" (opposed to the HD "U" notch and much taller set-up).

The Gen 5s use a .200 Front post, while Gen 3-4 (mostly) use a .180 front for the most common Glock's... A .165 post (Oem spec height) is available also for the G20 and models that are similar.

Here is the kicker:

Being they even offer a .165" Front Sight for some models; as you may know, that height matches a Glock OEM Front and a good way for you guys with OEM plastic, OR OEM Night rears and buy an AmeriGlo .165" front post to optimize that OEM 3 dot system!!!

They just have the edge in so many aspects; so let's get to the Pro's & Cons:

- First of all, Glock has contracted them to make these for their Gen 5 Glocks (and sold separately, as they see the huge upgrade from the old OEM offering)!

- The Dots!!!! Those bright/crisp dots sell themselves... They are crisp, no blur even if your eyes are sleepy, and are bright as hell in the dark and even inside your house with room lighting.

- The front dot is larger/brighter to compensate for the longer distance from the eye!

They are on another level!!!

They are "crisp/sharp and due to no they are like green crisp beams that stand at attention! Shining clear and strong as the tritium is either larger, or better than most companies, and they sit right by the edge sites, letting themselves be known!

Even during the day, all 3 show dots are visible, just more low key than traditional. The rear 2 dots are pronounced enough for those who like a 3 dot system. )

- The front tritium vial and surrounding orange, or green, is a noticeably larger and brighter than the 2 rear dots, aiding in fast aqusition in all levels of lighting!

-The deeper "Square Notch" in the rear and Orange (or yellow) circled Tritium Vial makes finding and aligning the dot about half, or 1/3rd of the time.

- I love the anti-glare coating and geometry, being Ameri-Glo's in general have a painted finish that does not have bare metal on the edges like Trijicons. Doesn't seem terrible, but can really cause a glare/doubling effect of the top edge in the sunlight, especially if your eyes have any issues.

[i]
- Diversity and Variety!!!
The one thing that doesn't do unnoticed from these guys...The sheer Amount of offerings and different lines to suit your needs!
Some that have only small differences to fine tune a set-up and give you extra options to find the absolute most optimal setup for your weapon!!!

Even the 3 white dot version has white O rings inside, rather than paint, so no worries of them flaking or getting stained, which WILL happen with Trijicon, to the point that the front sight will be hard to acquire during the day (many threads on this "Issue"

**CONS**
Well, if their is a problem, I can't find it!!!
The only Con was me making the original mistake and thinking non dot painted rears were a deal breaker, which I was quickly proved wrong!
True upgrade!

In summary:

-These guys have (very) MANY models/offerings for Glock and other makes and models aswell, and whichever one a consumer seems to buy first, they start upgrading all to that series!

-The product is a winner, even for the sceptical ones who are have the extra funds but don't like change..... GO FOR IT!

While the white 3 dot system is one many are used to, the Amerglo's 2 rears have bubbled spots that work the same, and its deep square notch bridges the gap of those who want the front upgrade but were not fans of the HD's reported "Razor sharp rear edge" when using as a carry weapon or charging it.

This is the one! (Other Ameriglo offerings aswell)

If you order the "Glock- Bolds", Just make sure to choose the generation that your Glock is, as it will determine the front post height, as AmeriGlo has every generation/model equipt with the proper front height.

In my final words, all I can say is, Go for it, and Good luck finding them as they are a Hit!

Click here for: AmeriGlo *NEW Glock OEM* BOLDS In Stock!
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 1:13:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I run Hackathorns on my Glocks. They’re awesome.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 1:38:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I run Hackathorns on my Glocks. They’re awesome.
View Quote

OP here:

It's probably not too different than the "Bolds".

The BOLDS just have a touch of the Triji "HD" style, but BETTER and a square notch that most find much more useful.

I'm just NOW seeing their "Classic" Version,
I wouldn't mind comparing a set of those to the Trijicon and OEM 3 white dot standards.

I have a feeling they are better than the other classic versions!
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 12:07:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Day readers
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 1:40:37 PM EDT
[#4]
TruGlo
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 1:41:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I stopped buying night sights because 1) they get washed out by flashlight 2) red dot 3) too bright for NV
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 2:26:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I stopped buying night sights because 1) they get washed out by flashlight 2) red dot 3) too bright for NV
View Quote

I’ve found night sights aren’t so useful in actual darkness, because yes they’re fairly overpowered by white lights. They excel in those in-between/mixed lighting settings where the target is clearly visible but ones sights are difficult to see, let alone be attention grabbing. Rarely are people in the actual dark, but frequently do we find ourselves in those lower/mixed lighting conditions. YMMV and sights are always going to be fairly user subjective.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I’ve found night sights aren’t so useful in actual darkness, because yes they’re fairly overpowered by white lights. They excel in those in-between/mixed lighting settings where the target is clearly visible but ones sights are difficult to see, let alone be attention grabbing. Rarely are people in the actual dark, but frequently do we find ourselves in those lower/mixed lighting conditions. YMMV and sights are always going to be fairly user subjective.
View Quote

@doty_soty

User subjective of course, but I thank you once again for the referral to AmeriGlo!

I am in a rural area so when it's dark out, it's dark!

I guess one of my main points in the OP post was that if you wear glasses, or have an astigmatism,
The Ameri-Glo's crisp rears and "brighter than most" front post excels, as their is no glare effect, like on traditional systems.

Again, everyone's eyes are different but now if I wake up on the middle of the night, my tired eyes see crisp dots on my night stand, rather than any doubling due to white paint reflections stacked on top of boogered eyes.

One reason I feel they are Superior in a "bump in the night" or any situation while tired or my eyes are at their best.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 6:57:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I want to order the bolds for a couple gen 5's but they have been out of stock for over 2 months on Glock's website. Maybe they are just putting all the bolds on their pistols as soon as they can make them since they atre so back logged.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 7:24:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I use the hackathons on all my Glocks and really like them. Looks like the bolds are very similar. I prefer no rear dots for whatever reason. Yeah, they are less expensive, but I like them better than pretty much anything else I've tried. Sights are definitely one of those personal preference things though.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 7:51:40 PM EDT
[#10]
only complaint is that not all sets are same shape...the ameriglos i got for a glock have a perfect 90 degree shelf on the front surface of the rear sight. perfect for racking off anything for one hand manipulations. ordered same set for xdm but that one has a angled rear sight front surface. still could work just not how i hoped.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I want to order the bolds for a couple gen 5's but they have been out of stock for over 2 months on Glock's website. Maybe they are just putting all the bolds on their pistols as soon as they can make them since they atre so back logged.
View Quote

@BAYOU1535

The Glock *NEW OEM* "AmeriGlo BOLDS are available/In stock in the link below.

Just select the Generation you want them for!

*AmeriGlo Glock OEM Bolds- IN STOCK HERE**
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:55:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks nighttrain, I will order tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 10:03:41 PM EDT
[#13]
User preference.

I have Bolds on 2, HD on another. Both great, HD is my preferred.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 10:20:08 PM EDT
[#14]
You guys do know you can order from ameriglo directly.
Trijicon owns ameriglo but the owner still works there.  Very nice people.
I’ve ordered combinations that don’t exist. Like bold fronts and white outline rears.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 1:38:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You guys do know you can order from ameriglo directly.
Trijicon owns ameriglo but the owner still works there.  Very nice people.
I’ve ordered combinations that don’t exist. Like bold fronts and white outline rears.
View Quote

GREAT Idea!!!

And yes, you can call AmeriGlo to order and even get mix match front and Rears.

I feel as if their "Swiss Made" Tritium Vials are brighter than Trijicon. Especially the Fronts.

Trijicon isn't bad, just limited on options and AmeriGlo has more options than the average person even need!

Can't recommend enough!

Link Posted: 10/29/2020 6:40:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Any other new guys to AmeriGlo order a set yet?

Can't wait to hear some feedback in this thread from people new to them, and testimonies aswell,

I want to see who else notices the difference in the tritium brightness, especially up front, other are dim due to the longer radius.

AmeriGlo made up for that by making the front vial a tad larger + brighter. That's a deal maker on its own.

VERY impressed!
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 11:45:21 PM EDT
[#17]
OP here,

I know preference is subjective person to person,

But what is closest to the BOLDS, for an XD sub?
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 9:26:48 AM EDT
[#18]
I have Trijicon, Ameriglo and Night Fision

Night Fisions are better.  Nothing wrong with Ameriglos though.

https://www.nightfision.com/

Link Posted: 10/31/2020 9:52:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
TruGlo
View Quote

This. TruGlo Tritium Pros.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 10:52:12 AM EDT
[#20]
I used Tru Dot for years, They worked well enough for me. I switched to Tru glo, as they are much brighter. They give the same sight picture as the tru dots do, and are reasonably priced. I will take a look at the Ameriglow, but Trijicon have never seemed to be all that bright to begin with, and are expensive.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 4:12:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Night Fision

The green (paint)  front dot is nuclear bright for fast day light shooting

Tritium works well.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 9:39:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I actually just picked up a night fision front sight for a Sub2000. I got the orange. I gotta say, I’m not terribly impressed. Ameriglo and Trijicon is a bright blaze orange like a road safety jacket, whereas the NF is a dull pale orange. They do offer a lot of colors though, which is neat, so it’s very possible I just didn’t go with the one that works best for me. Now their green, at least in pictures, looks pretty attention grabbing. The tritium seemed comparable to competitors FWIW.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 9:49:26 PM EDT
[#23]
I'll stick with my XS Big Dot.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 10:13:00 PM EDT
[#24]
I have Ameriglo Agents on all my Glocks now.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 10:42:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I actually just picked up a night fision front sight for a Sub2000. I got the orange. I gotta say, I'm not terribly impressed. Ameriglo and Trijicon is a bright blaze orange like a road safety jacket, whereas the NF is a dull pale orange. They do offer a lot of colors though, which is neat, so it's very possible I just didn't go with the one that works best for me. Now their green, at least in pictures, looks pretty attention grabbing. The tritium seemed comparable to competitors FWIW.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually just picked up a night fision front sight for a Sub2000. I got the orange. I gotta say, I'm not terribly impressed. Ameriglo and Trijicon is a bright blaze orange like a road safety jacket, whereas the NF is a dull pale orange. They do offer a lot of colors though, which is neat, so it's very possible I just didn't go with the one that works best for me. Now their green, at least in pictures, looks pretty attention grabbing. The tritium seemed comparable to competitors FWIW.
Yea, I'm basing my opinion on the green /yellow and the quality of the sights.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 1:28:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I used Tru Dot for years, They worked well enough for me. I switched to Tru glo, as they are much brighter. They give the same sight picture as the tru dots do, and are reasonably priced. I will take a look at the Ameriglow, but Trijicon have never seemed to be all that bright to begin with, and are expensive.
View Quote

Yes, not sure if it's the famous "sapphire cap" they protect the tritium with on Trijicons, but the Ameri-glos brightness is more "unfiltered" looking opposed to Trijicon.

Also, my fav, the AmeriGlo has a slightly Larger front  at night!!!

Also, the AmeriGlo "Orange" doesn't glare in sunlight and get washed out like the Trijicon HD, which the clearcoat over it causes a glare, or a wash out if the sunlight is behind you (or above and slightly behind, basically, if it's hitting the sight.

Plus, the AmeriGlo front colored Ring is proportioned better, it isn't as large as the HD, which sits too low IMO.

Huge fan!

And again, at first, I ONLY wanted Trijicon due to its price, I figured it was worth the extra. Its not Bad, but the AmeriGlo is a step up, and cheaper!
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 2:29:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yes, not sure if it's the famous "sapphire cap" they protect the tritium with on Trijicons, but the Ameri-glos brightness is more "unfiltered" looking opposed to Trijicon.

Also, my fav, the AmeriGlo has a slightly Larger front  at night!!!

Also, the AmeriGlo "Orange" doesn't glare in sunlight and get washed out like the Trijicon HD, which the clearcoat over it causes a glare, or a wash out if the sunlight is behind you (or above and slightly behind, basically, if it's hitting the sight.

Plus, the AmeriGlo front colored Ring is proportioned better, it isn't as large as the HD, which sits too low IMO.

Huge fan!

And again, at first, I ONLY wanted Trijicon due to its price, I figured it was worth the extra. Its not Bad, but the AmeriGlo is a step up, and cheaper!
View Quote

Yes! ^^^

The rear dots are larger and the front is even larger!

Have some Triji's on a PX4 and they are about 50% the size and "half" the brightness, and that's an over statement, plus the front dot appears like a tiny speck.

A bit disappointment, so hopefully AmeriGlo will be making some PX4 storm sights soon!

Also hate the caked up white paint that is waiting to start turning amber, then brown once carbon gets on it, some say it happens strictly from age alone. Smh.

AmeriGlo use White rings on their Classic white ring system, not weak paint that flakes off and if your lucky, turns brown at best to where the front gets hard to see in daylight.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 9:27:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Ameriglo GL-429 are the best, OP.

If you nerd out this much over primitive aiming nubs, let me show you THE WAY
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 9:02:08 PM EDT
[#29]
I am using Meprolights now, I found when they were first installed were brighter than the Trijicons.  Now you dont hear a lot about Meprolights, not sure why?

But I do have a number of Glocks that need sight upgrades, will more than likely go with Ameriglos.

Link Posted: 11/15/2020 10:44:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I am using Meprolights now, I found when they were first installed were brighter than the Trijicons.  Now you dont hear a lot about Meprolights, not sure why?

But I do have a number of Glocks that need sight upgrades, will more than likely go with Ameriglos.

View Quote

If those are the same as the (Non AmeriGlo) "Traditional" GL OEM spec offering, they are very deep set, although you can tell it's so they reflect from the silver and white areas inside of the encasement.

BUT,

The MAJOR issue that made them a "no go" for me is the fact that in daylight, if the sunlight even touches those Sites, the clear epoxy (that protects the paint and vial) reflects sunlight to where you absolutely can NOT remotely even see the white circles!!!

No BS, they front and rear may as well be blacked out during the day as you just have to go off of just lining up the tops. Not sure if the older OEM (Mepro contracted) ones have this issue. The ones I looked at were fairly new production per the guy at the LGS that used them.

Although MANY folks are buying a .165 AmeriGlo front sight (OEM height) and coupling it with their OEM (.256) rears and bringing the front sight to life!

Good look at to have OEM spec but the upgrades of Ameri-glos Awesome "Orange" or "Green" front sight, which has a noticably larger tritium vial!
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 11:19:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

If those are the same as the (Non AmeriGlo) "Traditional" GL OEM spec offering, they are very deep set, although you can tell it's so they reflect from the silver and white areas inside of the encasement.

BUT,

The MAJOR issue that made them a "no go" for me is the fact that in daylight, if the sunlight even touches those Sites, the clear epoxy (that protects the paint and vial) reflects sunlight to where you absolutely can NOT remotely even see the white circles!!!

No BS, they front and rear may as well be blacked out during the day as you just have to go off of just lining up the tops. Not sure if the older OEM (Mepro contracted) ones have this issue. The ones I looked at were fairly new production per the guy at the LGS that used them.

Although MANY folks are buying a .165 AmeriGlo front sight (OEM height) and coupling it with their OEM (.256) rears and bringing the front sight to life!

Good look at to have OEM spec but the upgrades of Ameri-glos Awesome "Orange" or "Green" front sight, which has a noticably larger tritium vial!
View Quote

I hear two trains of thought on this....having tritium on the front and back on the rear, but I do like the Ameriglos with tritium/orange front and tritium rear.  The issue I have with the Meprolights now, as many may do, getting a quick line up when all three are the same color/size and brightness.

Link Posted: 11/15/2020 11:28:57 PM EDT
[#32]
I've found that ight sights are dumb.  

a)  If it's dark enough to see the night sights' glow, you really need to be using a weapon light...  and even shitty 10 year old weapon lights are bright enough to wash out night sights.  

b)  Red dots faster up close,  faster far away,  WAY more accurate far away, work in the daytime, and work in the dark.

Of all the night sights I used, I guess I like the XS Big dot the best because the giant white ring is very attention grabbing.  The glow has nothing to do with it.  I could see a neon orange ring also being quite nice.  For irons, I've found fiber optic are generally the only better than plain dot sights.  At least they glow nice during the day.  Otherwise a white or gold/brass bead is just fine.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 12:51:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I've found that ight sights are dumb.  

a)  If it's dark enough to see the night sights' glow, you really need to be using a weapon light...  and even shitty 10 year old weapon lights are bright enough to wash out night sights.  

b)  Red dots faster up close,  faster far away,  WAY more accurate far away, work in the daytime, and work in the dark.

Of all the night sights I used, I guess I like the XS Big dot the best because the giant white ring is very attention grabbing.  The glow has nothing to do with it.  I could see a neon orange ring also being quite nice.  For irons, I've found fiber optic are generally the only better than plain dot sights.  At least they glow nice during the day.  Otherwise a white or gold/brass bead is just fine.
View Quote
All this.

OP is acting like he got into catnip over changing his turn signal out on his daily driver.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 9:18:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I hear two trains of thought on this....having tritium on the front and back on the rear, but I do like the Ameriglos with tritium/orange front and tritium rear.  The issue I have with the Meprolights now, as many may do, getting a quick line up when all three are the same color/size and brightness.

View Quote

I agree, on Mepro (GL OEM) and Classic Triji's, I do NOT like how the front dot is the same size as the rear, as the depending the length of your slide, the front tritium vial gets about 2/3rds the size of the rear ones.

With AmeriGlo, the front Tritium Vial is about 1.5x larger than the rear vials, so even at a distance being at the front of a slide, it's a larger dot and is MUCH easier to pick it up quicker in the dark or low light!

Link Posted: 11/19/2020 9:59:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I have Ameriglo Agents on all my Glocks now.
View Quote

I installed two sets in the last few months, and they are my new favorite. I feel like the U-notch opens up my field of view.

I noticed they're not listed on the AmeriGlo website. I hope they haven't been discontinued, but I'm guessing it's because they're normally a government contract sight, so they may not advertise them for public sale. I hope...
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 10:19:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Love my Amerigo Bolds on my 48. Shot right to the point of aim on my carry gun. I had the sight pusher all ready to move the sights. I didn't have to. Point of aim at 7 yards and point of the dots at 25.........
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 8:08:51 PM EDT
[#37]
I’m a huge fan of the Ameriglo Trooper.

Run them on my duty 45 and off duty 43X
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 11:57:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

OP is acting like he got into catnip over changing his turn signal out on his daily driver.
View Quote

Well put.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 3:50:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Looking at some supressor height night sights for my G17.  Did a search for Ameriglo and Amazon lists them as made in China.  Their website doesn't state where they are made.  Trijicon has some mumbo-jumbo about where things are made on their website.

"The vast majority of Trijicon products, including ACOG®, VCOG®, RMR®, SRO®, Reflex, MRO®, Iron Sights, MGRS®, CCAS®, Thermal Optics, Ventus™, Mounts, and Archery Sights are designed, engineered, machined, and assembled at our facilities in Wixom, Michigan or Auburn, California, and are therefore 100% Made in the USA. Our AccuPoint® riflescopes are assembled in the USA but have significant components purchased in Japan. Our Huron®, Ascent®, Tenmile®, and Credo® riflescopes are manufactured in Japan according to our design and testing requirements. All Trijicon products are designed in Michigan and have the same stringent quality processes applied to them, including the Science of Brilliant™ testing methodology. All Trijicon products are backed by our limited lifetime warranty. Each product is marked according to its origin."

I try to buy USA made when I can, but understand that it won't be possible 100% of the time.  When Trijicon says Iron Sights, is this the same as the glow sights?
Can anyone verify where Ameriglo is produced?
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 12:55:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Looking at some supressor height night sights for my G17.  Did a search for Ameriglo and Amazon lists them as made in China.  Their website doesn't state where they are made.  Trijicon has some mumbo-jumbo about where things are made on their website.

"The vast majority of Trijicon products, including ACOG®, VCOG®, RMR®, SRO®, Reflex, MRO®, Iron Sights, MGRS®, CCAS®, Thermal Optics, Ventus™, Mounts, and Archery Sights are designed, engineered, machined, and assembled at our facilities in Wixom, Michigan or Auburn, California, and are therefore 100% Made in the USA. Our AccuPoint® riflescopes are assembled in the USA but have significant components purchased in Japan. Our Huron®, Ascent®, Tenmile®, and Credo® riflescopes are manufactured in Japan according to our design and testing requirements. All Trijicon products are designed in Michigan and have the same stringent quality processes applied to them, including the Science of Brilliant™ testing methodology. All Trijicon products are backed by our limited lifetime warranty. Each product is marked according to its origin."

I try to buy USA made when I can, but understand that it won't be possible 100% of the time.  When Trijicon says Iron Sights, is this the same as the glow sights?
Can anyone verify where Ameriglo is produced?
View Quote

the USA

Per their site (and a reviewer on youtube who went to their production location)!it says

"With over 15 years of design and manufacturing expertise, AmeriGlo has excelled with a passion and commitment to innovation, quality, and customer service. AmeriGlo sights are designed, machined, and assembled in the USA."
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:01:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

the USA

Per their site (and a reviewer on youtube who went to their production location)!it says

"With over 15 years of design and manufacturing expertise, AmeriGlo has excelled with a passion and commitment to innovation, quality, and customer service. AmeriGlo sights are designed, machined, and assembled in the USA."
View Quote

Awesome!  I just found it under their Catalog page.  Off to send them an Amazon link that states they are China made.  I guess then I need to order a set!

Fake news link
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 11:37:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Another interesting tidbit on their contact page:

NOTE: AmeriGlo is continuing our manufacturing operations as a Defense Industrial Base business as defined by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security; however, please bear with us as we operate with a reduced workforce, which may result in longer customer service response times and product lead times than normal.
View Quote

Their federal contracts, such as the FBI Agent sights, would require them to be made in the U.S. Some companies do split production between the U.S. and overseas to meet that requirement, but I think that's usually bigger corporations.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top