Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 5/17/2005 6:17:00 PM EDT
I already IM's IKOR on this one since i bought the gun off him but I really need to do something about this horrible trigger this thing has.  I love the gun but hate that sloppy trigger.  My local gunsmith did some checking for me and didnt find anything out so I hope some of you can offer me some advice about what I can do.  Any advice would be appreciated!

Link Posted: 5/18/2005 8:36:03 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I already IM's IKOR on this one since i bought the gun off him but I really need to do something about this horrible trigger this thing has.  I love the gun but hate that sloppy trigger.  My local gunsmith did some checking for me and didnt find anything out so I hope some of you can offer me some advice about what I can do.  Any advice would be appreciated!

It sounds like you bought a P99. I have no idea what you could hate about the USP trigger. Care to elaborate?
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 12:26:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I dislike the the stiff DA trigger and the SA trigger is not as bad but it has a lot of play or slop in it.  I have a Sig P220 which also has a fairly stiff DA trigger but the SA trigger pull is so light and smooth and I want my HK to be somewhat close to that.  As expensive as the USP's are you would think the trigger would be a little more refined.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 1:17:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I dislike the the stiff DA trigger and the SA trigger is not as bad but it has a lot of play or slop in it.  I have a Sig P220 which also has a fairly stiff DA trigger but the SA trigger pull is so light and smooth and I want my HK to be somewhat close to that.  As expensive as the USP's are you would think the trigger would be a little more refined.

You can have the Tactical's trigger installed. It has a screwstop to prevent overtravel...
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 4:26:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 7:28:41 PM EDT
[#5]
How about carrying it half-cocked.
Cock the hammer, and then de-cock it.
That's a lot of cock for one post.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:43:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I think he is talking about the slack in the trig that must be taken up before any of the internals begin to function.  At the beginning of the trig pull, right?  During single action?  

The Tactical trig group only affects the overtravel.  I have noticed nothing different between my USP trig pull and my Tac trig pull other than the overtravel adj.

If the beginning of my post is correct as to the relation of your problem, then I will relay what HK told me:  "It is supposed to work that way."  

I hope this helps.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top