Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/5/2006 12:37:33 PM EDT
Has anyone given it a go? How well does it work? Id be interested in problems and successes.

On a related note...I wonder if Glock ever considered making a weapon in 22RF.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:30:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AssaultPossum:
Has anyone given it a go? How well does it work? Id be interested in problems and successes.

My review:
mywebpages.comcast.net/shooter2_indy/aack.html

And a pic:
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:45:37 PM EDT
I just bought a LE 19/23 this weekend. 450 rounds, no cleaning, no problems. Surprisingly accurate. Stick to the manufacturer's recommendations about ammo and you will be e very happy shooter. Now I just need more mags!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:19:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:28:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By kblagg:
Just curious, but how much did you guys pay for the conversions?

LE Kit $250 w/ 4 extra mags. It is nice having friends with connections.

I love mine, the only thing I am going to do to it is put a set of Heinie sights on it. My wife loves it too.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:57:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By NoHarmNoFAL-01:
LE Kit $250 w/ 4 extra mags.

Not bad! They commonly go for around $239 with one mag, and extra mags are ~$20.

I love mine, the only thing I am going to do to it is put a set of Heinie sights on it.

My biggest gripe is the chintzy magazine design. Another annoyance, IME, is that they don't seem to work very well with a suppressor.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:59:22 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:22:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Shooter521:

Originally Posted By AssaultPossum:

My review:
mywebpages.comcast.net/shooter2_indy/aack.html

And a pic:
mywebpages.comcast.net/shooter2_indy/graphics/aack_muzzle.jpg

Thanx very much for the pointer to your review. I like the way it ends....theres nothing so pleasant as shooting RF (whether rifle or HG).
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:39:40 PM EDT

Just curious, but how much did you guys pay for the conversions?

LE Kit $250 w/ 4 extra mags. It is nice having friends with connections.

I love mine, the only thing I am going to do to it is put a set of Heinie sights on it. My wife loves it too.

Was just curious, we've had them in the EE for a while now for $230. Extra mags are $15.

A friend of mine is an FFL and he let me use his number to order my kit. I spiffed him a little for the kit and got the mags at cost. I am thinking about getting one for my G19 too. I wish they would make a long slide target and 15 round mags but they have already said that that will never happen.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:33:51 PM EDT

LE Kit $250 w/ 4 extra mags.

Not bad! They commonly go for around $239 with one mag, and extra mags are ~$20.

I love mine, the only thing I am going to do to it is put a set of Heinie sights on it.

My biggest gripe is the chintzy magazine design. Another annoyance, IME, is that they don't seem to work very well with a suppressor.

Who told you that? These things work great with a suppressor.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:21:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Battlecloth:

Nobody "told" me; that's just been my personal experience. Had a threaded barrel for the AACK (back when AA was making them) and an adapter from SOCOM Mfg. that allowed me to attach my Gemtech Outback. Mounting the can caused a dramatic shift in POA/POI, as well as function problems with known-good ammo, and keyholing on target severe enough to cause me concern about baffle strikes. I sold the barrel & adapter and bought a Ruger 22/45 for use with the suppressor, and never looked back.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:49:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Battlecloth:

Nobody "told" me; that's just been my personal experience. Had a threaded barrel for the AACK (back when AA was making them) and an adapter from SOCOM Mfg. that allowed me to attach my Gemtech Outback. Mounting the can caused a dramatic shift in POA/POI, as well as function problems with known-good ammo, and keyholing on target severe enough to cause me concern about baffle strikes. I sold the barrel & adapter and bought a Ruger 22/45 for use with the suppressor, and never looked back.

I didn’t mean to imply you were making stuff up and with an experience like that I understand why you’re not a fan. Mine had some issues when I first got it that were unrelated to the suppressor, but once it was up and running things have been outstanding ever since. I’ve read other threads where peoples experience paralleled mine and think you’re the first one I’ve ever heard with those kinds of problems. It's a shame, it really is a nice little setup.
Top Top