Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2002 9:24:44 PM EDT
Ideas on a 9mm? Sig pro, glock, springfield, etc. use of preban mags a plus.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:44:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the SiGPro 2009 and the HS2000 (now Springfield XD) and both are very accurate. I'd say my HS2K is slightly more accurate than my 2009. My most accurate 9mm is my SiG 226 with the stamped slide. It's a real tack driver.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 5:14:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I also have a West German SIG Sauer P226 with a stamped slide and it's more accurate than me :-) Can't say if the stamped slide is better than the milled one cause I never had the chance to compare. At least it is lighter.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 7:48:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll second what ultim-ratio said, the Sig Sauer P226 is the gun you want.  I've got a Glock 19, CZ-85, and Sig P226.  The others are fine firearms but my favorite is the P226.  It's a work of art!

Spambo
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 1:24:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I just brought a Beretta 92, am very satisified with it accuracy and feature wise.  Can hit stuff out at 50 yards with a decent amount of accuracy.

Both the Sig 226 and Glock are accurate and very reliable as well- you have to narrow it down by looking at what you want for features.

Had a Glock 17- it has no real safety on it, if you have a round chambered, you are nuts to stuff it in your pocket or in the pants holster, if you are going to use it in an external holster all the time, that's a different story.

Sig 226- Thought about it heavily before deciding on a Beretta 92.  The only feature on the Beretta that I like more than the Sig is the trigger disconnect when the safety is on.  On a Sig, pushing the decocker down just brings the hammer down, but a Double action trigger pull will fire the gun again, whereas on a Beretta 92, the decocker also disconnects the trigger, so you have a complete safety when the decocker is in the down position. The downside to the Beretta 92 is the design does not allow you to dry fire the gun, as they say it can damage the gun without a round in the chamber, but I have snapcaps, and prefer a gun with a safety.

One side note- not sure on legality, but have heard you can use .40 cal SIG 226 mags in a 9mm model and fit 13-14 9mm rounds.  I found NIB mags for my Beretta, they are easy to find but they run $50-$70 a piece.  New Hicap Sig mags cost about the same.  Not sure on Glock hi-cap prices.
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 3:51:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I like the SIG P226 especially for the fact that it is as fast as a revolver and has no safety. You can enhance the trigger of the Glock 17 but than the gun is going to be very unsafe to carry with a round chambered while you can reduce the trigger weight on the SIG SA trigger w/o any concerns.

What I really really really don't like on my SIG is the sensitive finish. It gets scratches just from looking a it :-) The new SIG shall be better but like mentioned I have the older one with the stamped receiver and I don't trust any gunsmith in my area to refinish it with Ilaflon.

Don't know if the .40 mags fill work with 9mm rounds but I'd not depend my life on it in a real life situation. The only good thing of the German gun law is that the mags are not restricted concerning capacity (NOT YET!) and that I can use MecGar 17rds in my P226 :-)
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 3:38:49 AM EDT
[#6]
BROWNING HIGHPOWER Marklll in my experience is one of the best tack driver pistols on the market. I have been known to get off hand groups of 21/2" @25yds on a good day. You don't have to spend 7 or 800 bucks to get excellent accuracy with a quality pistol and you can get high caps that are dependable and hold 17 rds for under 25.00.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 8:10:05 AM EDT
[#7]

CZ s are very accurate in my opinion. My Czs out shoot my Browning HP, and my Kahr. I don't own any other 9 mm - have shot a few Glocks and the CZ seemed to have the edge for me. I must say, however, that SIG is a terrific gun - alas, it does not fit my smallish hand.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 9:35:16 AM EDT
[#8]
If we are going with Bang for the Buck, I'd probably recommend these in about this order.

FM HiPower
FEG PJK 9HP
Arcus 94
FN HiPower
Browning HiPower
SiG 226
HS2000 or Springfield XD (same gun)
SiGPro 2009
CZ 75

I would be comfortable swapping the order just about any way. All very accurate and super reliable.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 12:40:31 PM EDT
[#9]
"This is my safety sir."
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 11:29:55 PM EDT
[#10]
The most accurate 9mm is probably a Sig 210 but I have never owned one. I just haven't been at the the right place at the right time. My most accurate 9mm is a full sized Walther P88 (big bucks). The Walther is followed by my Browning BDM, Sig P226 and P228, High-Powers, CZ75s etc. That is my pecking order. I find most nines to be more accurate than I am. Regards, Richard
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 12:17:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Mike, buy my TZ-99 for $300!  You get an almost identical copy of the Sig P226, (2) 15 round hi-caps, and the guys at Cruffler like them even better than the P226 - here's a review:

http://www.cruffler.com/review-July-01.html

I'm selling mine for $300 with the mags, box, cleaning accessories.

[email protected]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top