Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2008 11:04:20 PM EDT
Well after wanting a HK for a while I finally picked up a P2000 chambered in 40 cal with LEM trigger.  Traded my Glock 19 that I will not miss (about 1000 rds through it), and my worn P226 Equinox (about 2000 rds through it).  Nice and haven't fired it yet but that will probably happen in the next few days if I am not working late at work.  But just a few questions that I looked for but couldn't find:

On the right side slide release seems to be loose and rattles like no tomorrow, enough to where if shaken I can actually hear it rattling,  Is this normal or will a call to HK be necessary?
Also I know with the USP you can change from LEM to other variants, is the same true for the P2000?  I have the LEM, I can't say that I like it or hate it yet but would like to know my options if later down the road I feel like changing.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:54:01 AM EDT
[#1]
The slide release rattle happens on enough pistols to be considered normal.  It's the only thing about the HK45/P30/P2000 series pistols that absolutely drives me nuts.  My concealed P2000sk has "announced" it's presence before with the sound.  The only fix I've seen anywhere was to put some thick grease where the lugs are for the attachment of the right side release to the left side release bar.  It will still move, but the sound will be gone.  The other option is to just remove that right side lever if you don't use it.

As for conversions, the P2000 series and the P30s can't just do conversions like the USP series and the HK45 series pistols.  The frames for LEM vs traditional SA/DA are different.  So you're stuck with what you've got.  About the only thing you can do is adjust the pull weight of the LEM on your P2000.  And that's a very easy task to do.

And congrats on your new pistol
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:47:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Will removing the right side lever and firing it cause any damage or cause the weapon to malfunction?
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top