Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 7:42:44 PM EDT
With the Insight LAM 450 vis light/vis laser can you toggle  between laser only and white light only and then toggle the laser and the white light together? Laser only--Light only--Laser and light toggles.  I have heard that you can't....

I would like to know before I make a purchase decision.

Thanks in advanced.

Waz
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:37:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd like to know if there's anywhere I can buy the one with the IR laser for my USP Tactical. You know, the one that everyone says isn't for us lowly civilians which makes us want it even more...
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:47:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, you can toggle both individually or run them in tandem. I have a problem w/ their price however, & they're also very hard to come by for a civilian, due to the IR capability. A less expensive & still comparable alternative would be the Laser Devices BLAST, which looks & has similar capabilities (light + laser), only minus the IR laser. Also, it is literally a fraction of the cost of a LAM450, at ~$350.00, give or take. I also like the fact that the light's focal radius on the BLAST can be adjusted.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:14:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Why the hell does the IR LAM cost so bloody much? Not even the pistol is anywhere near that expensive. I refuse to believe that with the modern technology we have today, that these things contain anything really special to justify those kinds of figures. Especially when other manufacturers are making similar units (ie. BLAST, UTL, etc.) for fractions of the cost. Even the visible laser LAM is a fortune! What nonsense.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:30:23 PM EDT
[#4]
My point exactly. Short answer: get the BLAST. Cool factor is high. Usability is identical to LAM, but at literally a fraction of the cost. You won't miss the LAM.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top