Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/21/2005 8:16:03 PM EDT
I'm am planning on getting a glock full size either in 9mm or 40 caliber. My question about the factory night sites that come with the gun. What are my options and/or choices. Which night sites are the best. Can you get fixed night sites or ajustable ones, or do you even have a choice. If they offer 2 or more different types of night sites which one should I get and why. If I can get them fixed or ajustable which one should I get and why. I would like the night sites to be all metal is this possible. The gun will be an all around gun. I suck at adjusting sites to Id rather get fixed. I don't shoot in competitons. I was always told that you should get fixed sites for a service / self defense weapon because they would be more durable. Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:56:00 PM EDT
Factory night sights are good. Mepro's, trijicon. Good fixed tritium sights.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:56:01 AM EDT
Get a set of meprolights. The front sight is screwed on and not staked on.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:38:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Researcher:
Get a set of meprolights. The front sight is screwed on and not staked on.

The Trijicon front sight is also held by a screw.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:21:06 PM EDT
Ameriglo's are also good. They use Trijicon tritium vials. I personally like their "operator" versions with no white circles on the rear sight.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:50:15 PM EDT
IMO, with the Meprolights (on my G30) and Trijicons (on my G21), you can't go wrong. I actually prefer the Mepros because of the color seperation between the front and rear sights.
Top Top